body for life program

Options
has anyone done the body for life program? it looks good (but hard) in the book and was wondering if it could work for someone looking to drop only around ten pounds....any thoughts?

Replies

• gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    has anyone done the body for life program? it looks good (but hard) in the book and was wondering if it could work for someone looking to drop only around ten pounds....any thoughts?
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I have done it...its amazing. I went from 158 to 147 in the 12 weeks but I lost 19.5 inches. I was sooo strong. Its started my bodybuilding facination.....after getting married and having a kid...the way my life is right now I can't do Body For Life...I've tried twice...I wish I could because I LOVE the program.

This program is VERY hard and not for the timid....but it truly does change your body!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    This program is VERY hard and not for the timid....but it truly does change your body!

I second that sentiment. I really enjoyed it and learned alot along the way as far as exercise regimens go.
  • whalomgirl
    whalomgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Attempting the BFL program in any amount will benefit you. I gradually started it & maintained as much as I could...better to do something than nothing.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did it for only 8 weeks and it was great. But the holidays hit and we fell. Now we live where we don't have access to the weights like we did. But it is a great program and the book is wonderful and if full of good information
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    it sounds great! being not very knowledgeable about exercise, do u reckon it would be ok to do both cardio and weights on the same day, so working out hard three times/wk. then on the other two days i could do pilates and a walk or similar? just cant get to the gym itself six times/week.
    thanks guys appreciate it!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    it sounds great! being not very knowledgeable about exercise, do u reckon it would be ok to do both cardio and weights on the same day, so working out hard three times/wk. then on the other two days i could do pilates and a walk or similar? just cant get to the gym itself six times/week.
    thanks guys appreciate it!

My regimen is as follows:
    Monday - 30 minutes cardio, upper body weights
    Tuesday - 1 hour cardio
    Wednesday - 30 minutes cardio, lower body weights
    Thursday - 1 hour cardio
    Friday - 30 minutes cardio, upper body weights

alternate upper and lower following week

This is not exactly by the book but along the lines somewhere. Yes..you can do cardio and weights and you do not have to be as strict as the book says. I altered my workouts to fit my lifestyle and it shouldn't be a big deal if you do too.
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Let me just say that you need to compensate more exercise with more calories. I ran into this problem....I would do Cardio in the morning, weights after work and then back to the gym for an hour of medium cardio at 8pm at least 4 nights a week.....I gained weight....more specifically I gained FAT. So just make sure if you are working out twice in one day, add an extra meal.

Also, I found it really hard to get to my FULL 10's if I would do HIIT and then do weights afterwards. If you spread them out ie, morning then evening...you should be okay...but the point of doing it on different days is so you can give it you ALL.