am I a bear? lol

Options
Crap...I was doing relatively well. This time of year makes me feel like a bear. getting ready to hibernate. I feel the need (and trust me the need has won too many times the past two weeks) to chow down on all things in my way but mostly carbs, this incesant need for cheesies and potatoes!! The thought of a salad just doesn't do it for me..bring on the mashed potatoes.........
help!! Does anyone else feel this way or is it me? Any bear hibernating support groups out there? lol

Replies

• Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Crap...I was doing relatively well. This time of year makes me feel like a bear. getting ready to hibernate. I feel the need (and trust me the need has won too many times the past two weeks) to chow down on all things in my way but mostly carbs, this incesant need for cheesies and potatoes!! The thought of a salad just doesn't do it for me..bring on the mashed potatoes.........
    help!! Does anyone else feel this way or is it me? Any bear hibernating support groups out there? lol
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Awww...I hear ya. I hate the winter and the cold and it always brings to mind "comfort " foods. The best course of action is to recognize this and actually allow yourself thes comfort foods....in moderation. On this journey, just remember to never deprive yourself and let yourself have a little here and there. You'll do fine until spring.:flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Oh you can move to Florida - the coldest it gets here is 38 -40
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thanks good idea...I am almost going into panic mode...already gained 5 pounds back (haven't entered that though...argh) I hope this isn't going to be a long winter!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh i would LOVE to hibernate!

mmmmm mashed potatoes!

maybe if i puree some more cauliflower, it will suffice for now...? probably no.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you're lucky. at least you only THINK you're going into hibernation. my body is so suited for warm weather that the MOMENT we have a cold snap, i LITERALLY wake up 10 pounds heavier. it's been this way my entire life. i hate that my winter clothes are a size bigger than my summer clothes. especially since i live in texas where the motto is, "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change"

/sigh