parents of Special need kids

Options
Who else is out there that is a parent of a special needs kiddo or two...
Looking for others who can releate that some days dieting is just one more thing on your plate.
But something we need to do. Knowing being healthier will help us take better care and have more energy for our kiddos.
Also can encourage on the days you are going over the edge.:huh:
Maybe we can suport each other as parents and on long the journey to get healthier.
Want to be friends? friend me.

Replies

• jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sending request now. My son has ADHD, PTSD, OCD...etc.
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    hi! i may not be a parent of a special needs kid...but i have a 22 year old brother who has autism...im 23 and everyday when i was a kid we used to get so worried because he would run up the street at 4 in the morning on a school day, not knowing how to cross the street and we would all get so nervous and id have to chase him hoping my little brother doesnt get killed! and now i cant even run i have severe asthma as oppose to then i only had mild asthma! i know what its like to have a special needs kid in your family! i love him so much tho! :) you will be able to feel better so you can play with them! youll see! :)
  • Lesley63x
    Lesley63x Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 yr old son with Autism and a 16yr old son with ADHD and ASD feel free to send a friend request
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My children all had ADHD although I don't consider that "Special Needs" But my middle son, whom is 15, has Asthma, Allergies (VERY SEVERE) and Aspergers (A form of autism)

I know what you mean about it being just "another thing on our plate"

I find myself overwhelmed at times.

The only bonus is I have been doing this SOOOOO Long it is second nature to handle him and his needs.

Good Luck Moms (and sisters:) )
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My boys both have ADHD & my youngest son has epilepsy. My 12 year just outgrew his seizure disorder.
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't have any children but I work in a rehab clinic that offers therapy services for children with disabilites. I'm around these wonderful, unique children every day. I have a small glimpse of what life is like for the parents.
    I can definitely understand your needs!
  • Saybra8
    Saybra8 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a total of eight children, two of my children have special needs. I have son who is 17 who has Down Syndrome and one of my six year old triplets has Autism. Yes I think their are so many reasons to lose the weight and support each other...:)
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a profoundly disabled teenage daughter.
    Any other parents of SN children please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me. My 13 yo son has NLD (nonverbal learning disorder which totally affects all aspects of his life), ADHD, anxiety, and sensory issues (and allergies and asthma).

My 8 yo daughter has high-functioning autism and lots of sensory issues.

They've totally redefined my view on life. I am such a better person because of them. And everyday presents itself with a new opportunity (sounds so much better than challenge). But some days are very overwhelming.
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    My 2 1/2 year old daughter has a genetic syndrome called Williams Syndrome and is on a feeding tube. I totally relate to you in the sense that some days, dieting is just not that important. Feel free to add me for support!
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    my 14 year old son has Spina bifida. he can't walk at all or stand up. but he's a great kid but i do worry more about him than my other kids
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    My oldest is 10 and has Asperger's (I have 2 other kids too)...it's been quite a journey to balance both but it gets easier as things become habit. My biggest issue was the guilt I felt at first for taking time for myself to exercise or anything else. Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have a son that has anxiety disorder, OCD, and ADHD.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi, my youngest daughter is 3 1/2 years old and is autistic - non verbal with sensory issues. Bumping this to see if there are other parents out there that need support! Feel free to add me :)

Ruth
  • irenep22
    irenep22 Posts: 59
    Options
    i have a 6 yr old with autism. my little blessing :)