100lb + to loose

Options
daverno
daverno Posts: 21 Member
I found this site a month or so ago when looking for a food diary for my IPhone. It's so much more than that!!!

I am loosing the bulk by paying a hell of a lot more attention to what I'm eating, limited to about 1500cals.

I am not even trying to exercise yet. When I started, just walking was becoming very uncomfortable, so exercising will be a task too far. However, I'm 17lbs lighter already, and my clothes fit a bit better now. I look forward to when I can give P90x a go, which will be a few months away yet.

This time next year, I might actually fit comfortably in an aeroplane seat when I take the kids to Florida.

Keep at it people!!!

Replies

• maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    17 pounds!!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Keep up the hard work!!!!
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good Luck my friend on your weight loss journey. It wont be easy but you have to friends and people on this site who support you 100%. I feel your pain cuz i have alot to loose as well to get to where i wanna be. Feel free to add me as a friend to help support and motivate all the way.

Yes we can!!!!!!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    MFP is an awesome site and the people that use it are very motivational. I started here a little over a year ago and have had wonderful results. If you are looking for support please free to add me as a friend and we can help each other along the way.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, feel free to add me if you like!
  • cawfeesong
    cawfeesong Posts: 34
    Options
    Great start!!! I have 137 to lose!!
  • imcanadianangel
    imcanadianangel Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow Congrats! on the !7lbs! I too have had a hard time. I have had back foot and knee injuries that prevent a lot of exercising but still working on it :) great job keep it up!!!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and welcome to MFP!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Way to go! I started out at 100 pounds to lose and am down 63! I feel so much better even though I am not done yet! Stick with it!!! You're off to a fantastic start!! :flowerforyou:
  • linemansgirl
    linemansgirl Posts: 152
    Options
    You are doing a terrific job already! Keep it up! I was in your shoes at one point in time and now I LOVE P90X!!!!! Keep on going and you will get there!!! :happy:
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I too have a LONG way to go. Good Luck
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I found this site a month or so ago when looking for a food diary for my IPhone. It's so much more than that!!!

I am loosing the bulk by paying a hell of a lot more attention to what I'm eating, limited to about 1500cals.

I am not even trying to exercise yet. When I started, just walking was becoming very uncomfortable, so exercising will be a task too far. However, I'm 17lbs lighter already, and my clothes fit a bit better now. I look forward to when I can give P90x a go, which will be a few months away yet.

This time next year, I might actually fit comfortably in an aeroplane seat when I take the kids to Florida.

Congratulations and keep it going!

Keep at it people!!!
  • daverno
    Options
    Thanks people...

Nice to feel welcome. Feel free to add me.. I am absolutely determined to succeed this time. I normally hit a wall after losing 40lbs, so need to push through that.
  • daverno
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/274373-357-to-199-with-pics

This guy is an inspiration. Getting under 200 will be parrty time for me for sure.....
  • bella51708
    bella51708 Posts: 47
    Options
    I just joined a few weeks ago and I too have over 100 pounds to lose. I am 29, work full time, and have an 18 month old son. I've been working exercise into my day by doing a 30 min workout at lunch and going to the gym for more cardio and strength training 3 days a week. In total, I have lost 18 pounds (I started dieting back in April on my own). I went looking for something easier to use to track my calories and exercise. I found MFP and I'm hoping it works for me. My goal weight is 150 which I probably haven't been since middle school. It's a long, hard journey, but I'm determined to make it. Good luck to you!!