Easy breakfast ideas, please

Options
i have three or four different boxes of cereal I eat in the AM, and I need some more variety. Something that doesn't require gourmet items... I keep egg beaters stocked in my fridge, along with a bag of frozen hash browns, and laughing cow.
Any suggestion would be helpful and much appreciated.
Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I started eating natural peanut butter on a whole wheat bagel thin, it keeps me full all morning.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    ill put a quarter cup of kashi go lean crunch in some yogurt...it's quick and easy :)
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Porridge with banana - yummmmmmyyyyyyyyy
    2112540 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Kashi Golean it's the healthiest cereal you can find anywhere! I eat with a cup of Pure almond made by Silk (35cals/cup) and a 6 oz container of Dannon Light and Fit (80 cals). The whole breakfast is only 255 and keeps me full forever:)
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I ussually do a poached egg on half an english muffin. A little bit of marinera sauce and some turkey / tofu bacon. I know it sounds "gourmet" - but this is seriously, other than bowling water, a 5 minute prep time meal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/swinginchandra/view/poached-egg-and-soy-bacon-on-a-british-muffin-topped-with-marinara-sauce-and-baby-swiss-116848

I wrote about it in a blog post, not sure if you can see it if you're not friends with me, you should be able to though! Incase you can't here's a link to the picture:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/63601470@N02/5859578675
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal with a cup of berries in it. It's like dessert for breakfast. High fiber and low cal. Cereal doesn't fill me up. This does.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I keep some spinach, smoked ham deli slices and onions handy. On days where I have an extra few minutes, I'll slice up some spinach and onion, dice some ham slices and toss it in with my scrambled eggs. 12 grain toast and 1 slice of cheese plus a piece of fruit. A very filling breakfast that keeps me revved up all day long. :)
  • jcreedy
    jcreedy Posts: 15
    Options
    I toast a whole wheat english muffin and make myself a homemade egg mcmuffin. Add a poached egg, slice of american cheese and a slice of turkey bacon. Since I keep turkey bacon cooked and in the freezer, it is really quick and easy prep! And it is quite yummy!
  • kba0708
    kba0708 Posts: 17
    Options
    I prepare steel cut oatmeal in a double batch every other day and refrigerate. That way all I have to do is throw it in the microwave in the morning, not wait 30 minutes for it to cook. The last 30 seconds or so of reheating, I throw in a handful of blueberries. Adds a lot of delicious sweetness with no added sugar and minimal calories. Sometimes I'll drizzle it with honey, add a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a few chopped walnuts. I have this with a medium sized banana, water, and coffee. I love it! And it keeps me really full all morning. I also don't have the urge to over eat later since I'm starting the day with complex carbs. If you haven't eaten steel cut oatmeal, it is a little different but after a few times, I loved it!
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I take .5 cup plain oatmeal and cook it on low on the stove for a good 10-15 minutes with 1 cup vanilla almond milk, then stir in a half tablespoon of nutella and a half of a banana....I can't even tell you how good this is!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well today i brought a yogurt, a piece of cheese, and a hard boiled egg. eggs are the best, just boil a few and keep them in the fridge and grab one on the way out the door. i dont have time for breakfast in the morning so usually i will have toast a peanut butter or fruit and yogurt and/or eggs.easy and delicious.
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do cottage cheese with a little sweetner and pineapple/cherries and then add 1 t. of chopped almonds. Yummmmo!!!

Or I do 1/2c. oatmeal with some diced up apple, craisins and 1 t. brown sugar...yumm!!

Or 1 bagel w/fried egg( in pam spray) w/laughing cow cheese...awesomenesss!!

Or honey nut cheerios with blueberries or strawberries or 1/2 banana.

Or throw some frozen fruit, milk and little bit of sweetner and make a smoothie.
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    BUMB
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I prepare steel cut oatmeal in a double batch every other day and refrigerate. That way all I have to do is throw it in the microwave in the morning, not wait 30 minutes for it to cook. The last 30 seconds or so of reheating, I throw in a handful of blueberries. Adds a lot of delicious sweetness with no added sugar and minimal calories. Sometimes I'll drizzle it with honey, add a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a few chopped walnuts. I have this with a medium sized banana, water, and coffee. I love it! And it keeps me really full all morning. I also don't have the urge to over eat later since I'm starting the day with complex carbs. If you haven't eaten steel cut oatmeal, it is a little different but after a few times, I loved it!

Could you tell me how to prepare steel cut oats. I have some and followed a recipe that cooked them in the crock pot but I didnt really like it. I would like to try a different way.

Also, here are some of my staple breakfast items.
    1. Whole wheat bagel thin with laughing cow cheese or hummus
    2. Multi-grain low fat ego waffle with PB2
    3. Elvis wrap (whole wheat tortilla spread with PB2 and filled with sliced banana) Sometimes I add a few Special Dark chocolate chips and microwave if I feel like a sweeter treat but if bananas are super ripe, this really just adds sugar.
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hate breakfast food but I think the first meal of the day should be high in protein and fiber. Today I had a burrito for breakfast, I stuffed a trader joe's low carb wrap (only 45 cal) with homemade chili some hot sauce and lettuce. The whole thing was only 158 cal. I'll have left overs, wraps, baked clams, WHATEVER. Don't feel limited to cereals, eggs, oatmeal and yogurt. I hate all those things. If you like them that's awesome. Personally, I prefer a turkey sandwich :)
  • lauren0985
    lauren0985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Farms veggie sausage on a whole wheat english muffin. You can add cheese and / or egg if you want to spend the calories. It tastes better than real sausage and has 75% less fat.
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I get Double Fiber English muffins and add natural peanut butter. Keeps me full for a couple hours. :-)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    real easy. you can microwave an egg or scrambled eggs. season it. place on healthy bagel, bread or tortilla, a little salsa or ketchup. maybe microwave a piece of turkey bacon.
    easy, filling, and yummy
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    Some of my favorites are
    french toast- 2 slices 35 cal bread, dipped in 2 egg whites that have a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla and 1 tsp sugar free syrup, cook in non stick pan with butter flavored cooking spray for 2-3 minutes on each side, serve with more sugar free syrup(2 tbls). 130 cals
    breakfast burrito- scramble 3 egg whites in microwave with southwest seasoning (mrs.dash), warm a whole wheat tortilla (80 cals) spread 1/4 cup hot fat free refried beans, lay eggs in middle, top with 2 tbls each fat free cheddar and chunky salsa, roll up. 200 cals
    PB&B- wheat sandwich thin, spread with 1 tbls whipped peanut butter, topped with 1/2 a sliced banana-225 cals