Diamond Dolls QOTD 06/28

Options
Ok Dolls!!! Here is your Question of the Day for 06/28:

Name a moment in your weight loss journey that you have felt powerful, strong, or kick a**. Was it during a workout? A compliment from someone? Were you able to complete a task you couldn't before?

Replies

• mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options

Name a moment in your weight loss journey that you have felt powerful, strong, or kick a**. Was it during a workout? A compliment from someone? Were you able to complete a task you couldn't before?

Mine was when I picked up the Jillian Michael 6w6p DVD after putting it away for awhile. I decided I would give it 100% and see how far I could go and I finsihed it!!!! It felt GREAT!!!
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options

Mine was the first time I was able to do an entire hour on the elliptical machine. I started out only being able to do 15 minutes and that was tough to get through and slowly built up to an hour and I was so proud! =)
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    Mine was when I completed level one of 30 day shred...I felt amazing
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    upon completing 30 days of P90x in a row.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Mine was the first time I learned I could run, and not die! It still amazes me every time I do it :)
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    mine was definitely when I completed the c25k and ran my first 5k. i didn't have the best time but I ran the whole thing and felt great afterwards!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    mine was the first time I realized I didn't look out of place over in the free-weights section at Planet Fitness. My form was good, I was working hard, and I looked like I belonged there. :)

Also crossing the finish line of my first 5K. I had walked a little in the middle but the fact that I had signed up, run with "real runners" and FINISHED was amazing and SO motivating. <3<3
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Not sure that I've had any kick a** moments YET! Many small moments (more like a good swat than a kick), but I really don't feel like I've "got this nailed" yet. I suppose that, in itself, is power - the knowledge that I can't do this mindlessly AND that I'm willing to give it the attention it (and I) need and deserve.
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options

My moment is a few weeks after I got home from delivering my baby girl I tried on my pre-pregnancy pants and I could barely fit my thighs in them!!
    On the 23rd of this Month I tried them on again and WOWZERZ!!! They not only fit but are lose on the waist and the thighs!! They are slightly too big form ME!

Here is a picture!
    2011-06-23_10-29-36_613.jpg
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I haven't really reached that yet!
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be finally getting past 150 i had gotten there before.. ONLY to 149 but ive made it past that now and keeping it off! Also getting compliments at the gym def helps!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I haven't really reached that yet!

You've lost 50 pounds and you still haven't had a moment when you felt "OH MAN I AM ONE AWESOME SON OF A GUN!"??

mfkfoster, my challenge to you is to pay attention during your workouts for the next week and LOOK for a moment when you realize "50 pounds ago I could not have done this." I want you to realize the incredible gift you have given and are giving yourself and realize HOW AWESOME YOU ARE FOR THAT!!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I've had great moments... but not that kick *kitten* one yet. The one that tells me I don't have to keep repeating to myself that this time is the last time - because the proof is in the mirror that THIS TIME is the LAST TIME I'm going to be this out of shape.

That said - putting on regular sized clothes to go to a seminar today. Wow did that feel good. I asked someone where her top came from and she said 'The Limited' and for the first time I thought to myself 'I could go there and get that top - cause I know I fit Limited clothes - I'm in them!'
  • DiamondDolls
    Options
    :D

Hey Dolls!

Terribly sorry I didn't clarify, but QOTD go into the weekly thread topic. No worries about reposting it in there for today, but tomorrow's Doll please post in the correct spot, I'll be putting links to weekly threads in the blog with the other links needed for the challenge!

Keep Shining!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I walked 13.1 miles on the 18th of June for our local hospice,I never would believed I could have done that before
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options

My powerful moment would be when I got through 3 weeks of exercise without quitting. I felt that I had finally accomplished something without giving up this time.
  • psnow9127
    psnow9127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

• psnow9127
    psnow9127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had to go back to an old job to help out for the weekend. No one had seen me since I started working on my weight loss. And Everyone complimented me! I hadn't felt I had accomplished enough and the responses made me feel like a million bucks!
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    Here is your Question of the Day for 06/28:

Mine would be when I completed the Sharp Top Hike in about a hour, and only stoped a few times. Also when I tried on a pair of size 8 pants, I just wanted to see how tight they would be, well they fit. I was so suprised, and happy. I haven't been in size 8 for over 20yrs. Not that I can wear all size 8s usally wear a 10 but it feels great when I put on my size 8.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

LOL I'm with photorific...I haven't had a a true *kitten* kicking moment yet...but a nice swat on the bum was after yo-yoing from 208 to 220 for the past few years seeing 207 on the scale this weekend and for the first time REALLY feeling like I'm leaving the 210's behind for EVER!!! :love: