GIMMIE FAST FOOD!!!

Options
I've ALWAYS loved fast food and over the past two months... i wont even look in the direction of a McDonalds! BUT .... over the past week I have been CRRRRAVING a greasy burger and a large fry. My mouth starts to water at the slightest smell of something being deep fried. WHATS A GIRL TO DO!?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Have a small burger and fries with a water have a small salad to help fill you up. It's not about depriving yourself, if you do you will never be able to stick with it for life. It's about portion control. Just make sure you fit it into you daily goals or do a little more exercise.
  • Lindsay418
    Options
    McDonald's grilled chicken honey mustard wrap is delicious and really filling! Not quite a big, juicy burger but really good and inexpensive too.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    dls06- GREAT ANSWER! Couldn't have said it better myself! :-)
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Have a small burger and fries with a water have a small salad to help fill you up. It's not about depriving yourself, if you do you will never be able to stick with it for life. It's about portion control. Just make sure you fit it into you daily goals or do a little more exercise.

Wonderful advice:bigsmile: I order the kids meals and they keep me happy and keep me within my calorie goals for the day!
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    I usually get the dollar menu burger and fries. It's delicious and I know it's not more than I need. Even if I do still feel like I can eat more.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Instead of going out for the burger and fries, make your own. Burgers are super easy ont he grill or stovetop. And it's so much better for you.
  • allaboutty
    allaboutty Posts: 13
    Options
    I love McDonald's southwest chicken salad (just eat it without the dressing...the chicken has some kind of glaze that makes up for the fatty dressing and it's 180 calories). Add some apples and you're set!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't crave Mcdonalds or Burger King but I have been DYING for a DQ Flamethrower Burger....
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    what about making your own burger and get some fries and bake them?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    When i want fast food i go for the grilled chicken without the mayo added. I will take the fries and toss out half right away and drink a diet coke. I did this at Wendy's before and it was about 500 calories. It felt great to feel normal. lol
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2IMvpA/today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/43546269#43546269

I found this just as I read your post. I haven't watched the whole thing, but maybe it will help. It's a clip from the Today show about cooking your own fast food.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I agree with the portion control..... as we take on the responsibility of eating healthy and weight control we dont have to deprive ourselves of everything, we have to learn control, and I think you can eat ur burger, just manage the calorie intake and log it, and adjust your exercise accordingly...
  • ShannonE1978
    ShannonE1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been going through something very similar. I ended up filling my craving and getting my fast food but I mad sure that I worked out extra so that I was still close to my calories. You shouldn't deprive yourself or you will never stick to it. If you crave something, have it. Just don't over indulge. Also, I found that when I did get the food I thought I was craving, it wasn't the same anymore. Not only does it not taste as good, it doesn't give me the same satisfied feeling that it used to and it also doesn't agree with my body quite as well anymore. Tums was definitely my friend. :) Remember this journey is not to dreprive yourself, it is to get healthy and only you can decide what is going to make you acheive your goals. When we are on diets we fail because we cheat on them, when we make lifestyle changes we succeed because we treat ourselves once in awhile. Good Luck!
  • deannalu89
    deannalu89 Posts: 29
    Options
    very good advice EVERYONE ... thank you! (not to sure if homemade burger will be the same as McDonalds ...but its always worth a shot) =)
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I have a huge craving, if I go for a lighter option instead, the craving doesn't go away and I end up eating heaps of the wrong things. So for me, I would just give in to the craving to avoid the massive binge.

Just saying that's what works for me.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    very good advice EVERYONE ... thank you! (not to sure if homemade burger will be the same as McDonalds ...but its always worth a shot) =)

Here's a great recipe for homemade awesome burgers:

1/4 lb extra lean ground beef
    1/8 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp barbecue seasoning (old bay works too)
    1/8 cup diced onions
    1/8 cup diced green peppers
    1/2 egg or egg white

Mix it all together and form patties. Stick it on the grill and coat with wostershire sauce. Cook until done turning often.

Guarateed better than McDonald's patties and way leaner! :)

Makes 1 burger