Newbie!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Alicia, but everyone knows me as Lee :). I have struggled with my weight my whole entire life. About 3 1/2 years ago I was at my heaviest weight of 210 pounds and with weight watchers I lost 50 pounds and was down to my lowest weight of 160 and feeling like a million bucks . Over the years the scale has slowly been creeping it's way back up and I have gained back 30 of those pounds. Last week we were invited over to a friends house to go swimming and after seeing myself in a bathing suit i decided that enough is enough and I am getting back down to that 160 (or less!). My best friend Amanda has been doing MFP for about 2 months now and has already lost 30 pounds, so I decided it was definitely worth a try. I started last Tuesday and I am already down 5 pounds! Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can motivate each other :)

Replies

• vera_musique
    Options
    Hi Alicia, my name is Vera, and im from Mexico. Like you i have problems manteining my weight. I just found out about MFP like two weeks ago, but i kinda sabotage my self, being self indulgent and saying to my self: its not that serious, ill just drink just one beer.... and stuff like that. Well, sorry about my bad english. Hope we can talk soon.
  • scoburn87
    scoburn87 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Alicia, I'm Stacie and I'm new to this too. I completely understand how you feel, my weight has gradually crept up and up over the last 7 years and I just think now enough is enough! I have a lovely holiday planned for next year and if i don't do anything now I know i'll have that horrible swimsuit feeling. Would be good to be able to support each other. Well done on your first week loss.
  • scoburn87
    scoburn87 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Alicia, I'm Stacie and I'm new to this too. I completely understand how you feel, my weight has gradually crept up and up over the last 7 years and I just think now enough is enough! I have a lovely holiday planned for next year and if i don't do anything now I know i'll have that horrible swimsuit feeling. Would be good to be able to support each other. Well done on your first week loss.