Sleeping after working out?

Options
So I just did an early morning work out and I wanna catch some sleep before work is that going to be a problem?
I'm pretty awake at the moment, heart rate is up a little, so I may only rest without sleeping, I don't know at the moment.

Replies

• JustMichelleB
    Options
    Personally, I would work out, shower and go to work. I'd prefer to sleep a bit later, then work out (vs wake up, work out, nap, etc).
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My ride wanted to work out very early today so if I had planned better that would have been the case. I didn't get the full 8 hours of sleep my body deserves last night =/
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of up in the air about that. In the morning after a workout, Im' SUUUPERpumped up. But in the evening workouts, I zonk out in 5 minutes flat. Tis weird!
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I see one bad thing, after resting now I dont want to get up, get ready for work.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Take every opportunity to nap/sleep if you are able. Sleep/rest is just as important. It will definitely not be detrimental to your fitness journey.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with this too... I beat myself up all day over not getting up to workout in the morning. But some mornings I am so tired I cant get out of bed. I get about 4-6 hours of sleep every night. Thinking my lack of sleep is what's holding me back from my weight loss goal.
  • fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    @ MrsRadder you need more sleep!!!! shoot for 8 hours!

I can't sleep after exercise ever. I typically work out in AM, and if I do it at night, it takes me longer to wind down to sleep.