30-somethings needing to lose 70+lbs

Options
Hey ladies and gents! I've been on mfp for a couple of weeks now, and love the tools provided to help me succeed! That being said, I find it so much harder now that I'm 36, to lose weight. I lost over 100 lbs years ago, but with time and life changes, it seemed to come back..not all, but the majority. I know there are many out there, just like me, who just want to have the lifestyle that everyone else has, health-wise. I would LOVE to have others near my age to help me, and for me to return the support! My goal is to get my sexy back--at least by 40! Lol! I'm a married mom of two boys, and I need more encouragement, other than the obligatory "Good for you" from family and close friends. It gets to the point that they are just going with the motions, not actually understanding how losing a pound or two in a week is a huge accomplishment for someone like me. Anyone care to share this journey?? Add me! I love helping others, and when life seems to get you down, I'd like to help you turn it around! :)

Replies

• hunnylover2
    Options
    Add me..I'm 35 and we can do this together! :)
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I'm 37 and I'm doing this! Care to join me?? :wink:
  • Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    Options
    Good morning! I am right there with you. I had the gastric bypass surgery about 6 years ago and lost a tremendous amount of weight (over 160 pounds). The problem is that I allowed the surgery to do all of the work for me. I didnt excercise and the pounds started to creep back in. I will not allow that to happen! I am 36 (cant believe that I just admitted that!) and my long term goal is to lose 60 pounds by next summer. More would be great, but I am not trying to fit back into my high school cheerleading uniform! Although it would be awesome if I did! I will be happy to help you in this journey as we are very similar. Good luck to you and I look forward to getting to know you better on this adventure!!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    add me! I am 37. Mom of a 2&1/2 yr old. Going thru early menopause (which BTW makes it near impossible to lose weight) and I have about 52 more lbs to go b4 I hit my goal of 160lbs!
  • ajfranzen77
    ajfranzen77 Posts: 118
    Options
    Add me! I'm 34 and a mom of a little girl almost 4 and a little boy almost 3.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    hi you have done great so far.
    i am 31(in 3 weeks) and a mum of 2 girls 10 & 4. i have lost 26lbs so far but have a long way to go.
    please add me if you like. i will help support you.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am 35.....add me if you like....we can do it together!!
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 37 and need to lose about 73 lbs. I lost 30 about this time last year, but I've gained a great deal of it back already, so I'm starting again :)

I've been back at it for a week now, and I'm down 8 or 9 lbs... I'm hooked now, so I'll be in it for the long haul! I know we can do it!
  • saltyphoenix
    saltyphoenix Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 32, engaged (getting married in November) and have no kids. I've realized that I need to lose about 75 lbs. so that I can carry a baby with fewer complications AND actually have energy whenever I do have kids! I'm just starting out but would love to encourage and be encouraged!
  • jmuzzio7
    jmuzzio7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 34 and have a 5 year old son....and lots of weight to lose. Need all the motivation and support I can get. Sending a friend request.
  • LisaT9101
    LisaT9101 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 35 and have recommitted to my weight loss journey! I am the proud mama of a soon to be 10 year old girl. Send a friend request if you would like some support and encouragement along the way!!!
  • dwhitmoyer
    dwhitmoyer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am way over 35, have gone up and down several times over my adulthood. Finally, I needed to do something to look halfway decent for my daughter's wedding which was only a few months away. So I took the plunge and went on Medifast. I ended up losing 31 pounds in 2-1/2 months and 50 by the time I reached my goal after 5 months. No plan works for every person, but I needed not to worry about measuring things out, not to be hungry and basically learn new habits. I still follow the same kind of plan now, six months later. Basically low carb, high protein and eating lean and green. My daughter and her husband, and a few of her friends have even tried it since then, just to lose a few pounds. Two weeks and 12 pounds later, they were converts as well.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies and gents! I've been on mfp for a couple of weeks now, and love the tools provided to help me succeed! That being said, I find it so much harder now that I'm 36, to lose weight. I lost over 100 lbs years ago, but with time and life changes, it seemed to come back..not all, but the majority. I know there are many out there, just like me, who just want to have the lifestyle that everyone else has, health-wise. I would LOVE to have others near my age to help me, and for me to return the support! My goal is to get my sexy back--at least by 40! Lol! I'm a married mom of two boys, and I need more encouragement, other than the obligatory "Good for you" from family and close friends. It gets to the point that they are just going with the motions, not actually understanding how losing a pound or two in a week is a huge accomplishment for someone like me. Anyone care to share this journey?? Add me! I love helping others, and when life seems to get you down, I'd like to help you turn it around! :)

I will be 36 next month and it has become extremely difficult for me to lose the weight this time. In my mid 20s I was on weight watchers and lost 50 plus pounds and even became a runner. Then degenerative disk disease kicked in and his has gotten worse over the last 10 years. Now I am trying to lose the weight again. I dont care much about being a runner again, although it would be nice. Right now walking is painful enough but I have to push through it. The weight has to come off for my back/hip issues. Although my family and my fiance is very supportive, I dont think anyone can really understand until they walk in our shoes.

Feel free to add me!
  • kiby98
    kiby98 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 31 and you can add me. It has truely been a challange!
  • saltyphoenix
    saltyphoenix Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump