I just had Gall bladder surgery Ive never done this before

freeatlast2012
freeatlast2012 Posts: 2
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
I began this log after drinking 4 cups of coffe having an argument with workmen and landlord and then eating 4 tim tams AAAUuuggggghhh
I have decided that having my organs summarily worked on instead of working on becoming healthy may be a red flag...DUH!
So, after 25 of lieing to myself and not taking responsibility for walking the walk. Today is the day I am 7 days post surgery and I need support. I am going to ask for help,

Replies

• HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I had gall bladder sureger January of this year. Make sure you take it easy for atleast a month. You can change your diet now and add movement when your body is good and healed. Best of luck to you. My food journal is also public if you need any diet ideas.
  • Raquel1275
    Raquel1275 Posts: 53
    Hey there! I am 2 weeks post gallbladder surgery, so we are kind of in the same boat! Fell free to add me and we can stay update each other on how we are feeling :)
  • elifefull
    elifefull Posts: 46
    I had my gall bladder taken out to, years ago. It will get you just have to take it easy and not eat all the things that you use to eat because now the liver is going to break things down instead of the gall bladder. I noticed that after my surgery I really didnt have a craving for the greasy foods that I use to eat. Add me as a friend if you need more support. :-)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    firstly, can you send me some timtams please? :wink:

secondly, I had gallbladder surgery a couple of years back and it took a while for the digestion to settle. certain things made my liver produce more bile (lamb and globe artichokes for eg.) and the lack of a gallbladder means it just drips into the stomach direct which can make you feel pretty nauseous (apologies to those having breakfast).

Also, I found I had to eat fairly frequently - especially starchy foods and bread first thing. I found when I got up in the morning I had to eat something just to soak up the bile. It gets better over time, and I almost never find that now.
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Add me if you like.
    I'm now 2 years post-op. (even though it appears now to have been unnecessary)
    Don't eat a lot of fat at once, aside from that, I didn't have to make many changes!
    Take care of yourself
This discussion has been closed.