Apple muffins w/ pics

Options
jersey0725
jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
The ingredients are for 2 muffins. I always make things like this, because I don't like leftovers.

1/3 cup all-purpose flour (5 + 1/3 Tbsp)
1Tbsp + 1 tsp sweetener (splenda or whatever 0 calorie sweetener), 1 Tbsp sugar = 1/4 tsp of stevia. You can change the amount, I found them a bit sweet for my taste.
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp of apple juice
2 Tbsp milk ( I used silk unsweetened almond milk)
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp apple -- peeled, cored, diced.

1. Preheat oven to 400 F, grease/spray bottom only of muffin cups.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Mix well in a small bowl. Combine apple juice, milk, vanilla extract (don't worry about the milk), blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once. Stir just until moistened, muffin batter is supposed to be lumpy. Stir in chopped apples.
3. Fill cups 2/3 full.
4. Bake them in the oven until they are golden brown. The toothpick should come out clean.

da8e684c7664__1309272576000.jpg

e3e8e6549b48__1309272614000.jpg
They were still a little wet on the inside, so you might want to bake them a little longer. You can see the pieces of apple inside, I think they were delicious.
The best part is the calorie value: Each muffin has 90 calories, 20g of carbs, 0 gram of fat, and 3 grams of protein. How good is that! So go ahead and grab two!

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    bump, sounds good
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    wow, 90 cal. i am trying these.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    BUMP :happy:

These sound YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of making single servings......fresh to eat and no temptation left to be calling your name. This is one I copied off "making love in the kitchen",,,,,,,she has several versions called "single ladies cupcake":

Strawberries-n-Cream Cupcake

(Makes one cupcake, Single-Lady style!)

3 T flour (I used white-whole-wheat. You can use all-purpose, or even ww pastry)
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    heaping 1/16 tsp salt
    1 or 2 T chopped strawberries
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 T coconut oil (You can sub a different oil; however the coconut oil gives it a rich flavor and fun texture. You can use applesauce for a fat-free version.)
    1 T plus 1 tsp nondairy milk (Use less if using liquid sweetener.)
    1 T sugar (you can also use 1 packet stevia) I omitted, but most people will want some sweetener

Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Mix dry, then add wet. Mix until just combined (don’t overmix), and bake for 17 minutes or so/ (Baking time will vary, depending on the flour and oil/applesauce you use.)

(
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy thanks for sharing!
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of making single servings......fresh to eat and no temptation left to be calling your name. This is one I copied off "making love in the kitchen",,,,,,,she has several versions called "single ladies cupcake":

Strawberries-n-Cream Cupcake

(Makes one cupcake, Single-Lady style!)

3 T flour (I used white-whole-wheat. You can use all-purpose, or even ww pastry)
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    heaping 1/16 tsp salt
    1 or 2 T chopped strawberries
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 T coconut oil (You can sub a different oil; however the coconut oil gives it a rich flavor and fun texture. You can use applesauce for a fat-free version.)
    1 T plus 1 tsp nondairy milk (Use less if using liquid sweetener.)
    1 T sugar (you can also use 1 packet stevia) I omitted, but most people will want some sweetener

Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Mix dry, then add wet. Mix until just combined (don’t overmix), and bake for 17 minutes or so/ (Baking time will vary, depending on the flour and oil/applesauce you use.)

(
    That sounds very nice. I'm gonna try it tomorrow. Thanks :)
  • pharah
    pharah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!

Thanks for this! I LOVE muffins and have been avoiding them since really losing and getting healthy. I love the single serving idea too, then I won't eat the entire dozen (because I don't think anyone could hold me back). I think I'll add some cinnamon too.

Thanks again!
  • kellystjohn88
    kellystjohn88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • oceanlvr9495
    Options
    sounds yummy!!! thanks!!!
  • ilovemytwingirls
    Options
    bump
  • missblondbliss
    Options
    mmmm cant wait to try these! look so yummy ..thanks!!

3897266.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter