h2o challenge

misskimlilac
misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone want to try to drink me under the table today?? Trying to motivate myself to drink, drink, drink my water. It is 9:00am in Oregon and I am just heading to fill my first glass of the day. Anybody want to join me?

Replies

• Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Sure--- I shoot for 1 gallon + each day. Let's do this...ready set..wait, where's the bathroom. lol
  • I have you beat! It's 9:21am in Arizona and I'm on #8...
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Oh it's on.... I'm in MI, so my water started already. I'm 24 ounces down since 10am, NOT counting the 30 oz or so during my workout this morning!
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Ok. I'm in. I usually have no problem drinking water. However, for the past couple of days I just haven't been feeling it, and therefore, drinking little to no water. So I need this challenge today! So I'm on my way to dump out the rest of my diet dr. pepper and grab a bottle of water.

I'll check in with you later!
  • sparrows7
    sparrows7 Posts: 59
    I have been wanting to quit my diet pepsi lately! Lets do this!!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    well it is already 8:30 pm here in Abu Dhabi but as I have been doing only 4 cups a day I should deff. try and do more. I have had nothing but water in 4 days it feels wonderful!! keep it up and good luck !!!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    I regularly drink 10 to 12 glasses a day....but I'm off to a slow start today, so I'm IN!
  • hwilliams519
    16.9 oz down. Time to grab another.
  • misskimlilac
    32 oz jump start.Now it will slow down, lol.......filling up again :)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    It's 1:13 pm here in DC and I've already downed about 72 oz. *shocking* Now I'll really start slowing down. :)
  • hwilliams519
    33.8 oz down
  • hwilliams519
    50.7 oz now! That's a little over 6 cups. I really wasn't in the mood for water today. But now that I've started... I can't stop! This challenge was just what I needed. I'll just do one final post later with my total for the day.
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    ive got 72 oz now and i haven't worked out yet
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    78 oz down, plus my workout H20 from this morning! (30 or so!)
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    It's 2:46 in Alberta and I've just finished about my 10th cup. I still have half a bottle full plus I usually fill it up at least once more in the evening... so I'm aiming for 16 cups today.

When I'm good, I'm good... but then other days I just completely forget.
  • misskimlilac
    glub, glub, glub....just finished 72....not sure how much more I can take...maybe one more?:drinker:
  • brendalyne
    5:40 here and I've downed 112 oz (14 cups). I will probably manage another couple this evening, but then I gotta stop or I'll be up all night!
  • brendalyne
    120 oz down the hatch....and I AM DONE!!!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Anyone want to try to drink me under the table today?? Trying to motivate myself to drink, drink, drink my water. It is 9:00am in Oregon and I am just heading to fill my first glass of the day. Anybody want to join me?

I was going to check in with you on your profie, but then I saw you started this thread! Great idea! ... So, I'm at 72 ounces and it's almost time for bed here on the East coast. Not sure if I can chug anymore. Still, what an improvement from what my typical day is!! I'm proud of us! :laugh: :drinker: (<---water in those cups, of course)

This should be a daily challenge group. :wink:
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Everyone, drinking water is good... but it's probably not a good idea to make a contest out of it... at least via quantity.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/

I'm not trying to rain on a parade. I'm just not sure if everyone knows what can happen if you drink too much water.

If you're going to drink a certain amount of water in a day, spread it out, and make sure the amount makes sense for your body and sweat rate. Please don't do it to compete with others.
  • misskimlilac
    Oh brother! No worries here..... I am not going to "win" any water drinking competition, just thought it would be nice to keep each other going on our water intake today. It helped me just knowing that others might check in to see how much water I had consumed. Thanks to everyone who had a little fun with it :)
  • brendalyne
    Thanks for the post. I typically drink 12 glasses....and always spread throughout the day. I drank more than "normal", but I've had some high sodium days recently, so it was a good challenge for me to flush out the sodium. I posted a topic recently about the benefits for water consumption.....so I thought the post was a great idea to make us all push a little harder to get in our water. :happy:
  • hwilliams519
    I had about 96 oz of water yesterday! Thanks again for the post! Should we go for another round today?
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Oh brother! No worries here..... I am not going to "win" any water drinking competition, just thought it would be nice to keep each other going on our water intake today. It helped me just knowing that others might check in to see how much water I had consumed. Thanks to everyone who had a little fun with it :)

The only reason I even responded was because of the phrase, "Drink me under the table." I don't want to offend, but I know, beyond the article, that people get sick from too much.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    I normally drink about a gallon of water and a gallon of crystal light a day!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    I am in NH...I have been awake since 8am...not sure of the time difference, but that means I have been awake 2.5 hours. I am already on glass number 5. By noon, I will have already drank 12 glasses of water. Can u beat that? It's like that everyday for me :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.