Fat or Skinny Selfies

do you find looking at fat photos or skinny photos of yourself motivates you more?? (If you've been both in your life)

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    My pictures from early last year when I had a rockin' stomach motivate me! haha
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Definately skinnies ( or as near as I have ever been)

It proves that it can be done, because the proof is on the page.

I am carrot as opposed to stick :smile:
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    I don't necessarily look at photo's but when I go out and think I want to eat something really greasy or unhealthy I look at my surroundings and see an abundance of overweight people and decide that they just inspired me to NOT eat bad things.
  • Butter13
    Butter13 Posts: 25 Member
    Ha! That's a great quote! I may have to steal that! :happy:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,075 Member
    I don't necessarily look at photo's but when I go out and think I want to eat something really greasy or unhealthy I look at my surroundings and see an abundance of overweight people and decide that they just inspired me to NOT eat bad things.

^^ This. I'm also a grocery cart viewer. You are what you eat!
  • I have a pic of when I first met my step-son 10 yrs ago that gets me motivated!! I was 19 and around 135! and I thought I was fat then! what was I thinking?? lol
  • chylom
    chylom Posts: 48 Member
    Good idea ! Im gonna remember this next time im tempted to eat out !
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Yes, definitely. Mostly pictures of me when I'm heavier (or really bad recent photos) really motivate me to stick with my program. When I see "skinny" pics of me from the past, they just upset be because all I remember is how I still felt "fat" in those photos. Ridiculous. If I wouldn't look like a total psycho, I swear I'd take my worst fat photo with me to the gym and tape it right in front of me on the treadmill/elliptical! haha
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member

^^ This. I'm also a grocery cart viewer. You are what you eat!

Yeah I am completely amazed at what people have in their carts when I go to the regular grocery store. Pop, chips, candy, hot dogs, hamburger, little debbie snacks- and they are overweight along with their kids! Or some are thin, but you just know they aren't healthy on the inside! I try not to gawk. LOL I don't judge, I'm just fascinated that some people are clueless (as I was at one time) I usually go to the local natural food co-op where almost everything is healthy and so are the people that go there. So I'm not tempted either way, lol.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I started putting up mirrors around the house again and looking at myself now motivates me. When i workout i like to see myself in motion. it is scary sometimes.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Yes, definitely. Mostly pictures of me when I'm heavier (or really bad recent photos) really motivate me to stick with my program. When I see "skinny" pics of me from the past, they just upset be because all I remember is how I still felt "fat" in those photos. Ridiculous. If I wouldn't look like a total psycho, I swear I'd take my worst fat photo with me to the gym and tape it right in front of me on the treadmill/elliptical! haha

I totally understand that too- I've always been self conscious- when i was skinny, it was my flat chest that bothered me- and how people used to say 'Ugh you are so skinny- you don't even need to work out". And now I think thats so stupid- and probably what drove me to gain weight. Damn people- I don't GAF what ppl think anymore!!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Totally my fat pictures motivate me. I dont see the weight when I look in the mirror because I started skinny. When I see a pic, I about have a stroke lol.

I am new to the whole lifestyle change thing, and it is hard with kids because they want things that are a big NO NO for me. I can't keep things in the fridge that arent good for me. Which is teaching my children good habits early. I also quit doing huge shopping trips and I have been going more frequently and grabbing the basket versus the cart. For one it helps me not fill up with extras I do not need!!