Anybody else gain 1st week 30DS?

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
I am getting discouraged.....I just need to hear if anybody else gained the 1st week of JM 30DS.....muscle gained? Please give me some motivational input.....thanks all!

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I did when I started 30DS. It tooks me about 1.5 weeks for it to fall back off, but when I completed 30DS I had lost 11.6 lbs and almost 10 inches. It is well worth it, just stick with it. Your muscles are adjusting to the exercise. It happens to me everytime I change a workout routine.
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    I did gain .2 lbs and basically the scale just stopped moving. I am on Day 6 of the 30DS and the scale has started to inch down again slowly. I am thinking muslce :)
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It could be muscle, also your muscles retain water when they tear and heal so that might be it too, or diet. I lost .5 and inch and about a pound my first week, but then gained a little my second. Give it some time :) I figure, I can feel the difference in my muscles and how long i can do each exercise so it has to be doing something good right?
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I hear that happens to quite a few people. Gain wk 1, drop wk 2, huge drop wk 3. Stick with it, though!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    YOU CANT GAIN MUSCLE IN JUST ONE WEEK! IT TAKES MONTHS. I get so tired of this dieting myth being passed around. If you are seeing a gain on the scale it is because your muscles are storing water to help repair them.

This is totally common when first starting a new work out routine... give it another week or so and your muscles wont store as much water weight.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Water retention from your muscles being ripped up and repaired. Soon as that initial sorenoss goes away, you will be right back to normal!!
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My weight has been staying about the same plus or minus a few pounds. BUT I just measured (I'm on day 13) and I have lost inches which is super encouraging!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've gained some the first week also. I'm hoping by sticking with the workout for the full 30 days we'll see some kind of positive change! Keep it up!
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    I started yesterday and I was very discouraged this morning when I weighed myself and had gained 3 lbs! I know this has to work because every muscle in my body feels like it's getting a workout . . . I'm not going to weigh myself everyday, more like every 5 days and trust that's it's working. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so it is what it is! Keep it up and you will see results!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    YOU CANT GAIN MUSCLE IN JUST ONE WEEK! IT TAKES MONTHS. I get so tired of this dieting myth being passed around. If you are seeing a gain on the scale it is because your muscles are storing water to help repair them.

This is totally common when first starting a new work out routine... give it another week or so and your muscles wont store as much water weight.

thanks for sparing me the trouble. education FTW!
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain my first week but I didn't lose either. However the second week I lost 2 lbs. Stick with it, and look for other encouragement besides just the scale (endurance, inches, etc.)

Good luck!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I did the first couple of days. Your going to be building alot of muscles in the thighs and after the third day I finally dropped a pound. I have written blogs about it if your interested in my response.

Stick with it! :)
  • poesch77
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses......gonna stick with....cuz the before and after thread is inspiring!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I wrote a blog about the battle of scale on 30DS....stick with inches over pounds. You can do it!

Aloha,

Tina
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i gained weight during my 1st week of the shred then i didnt lose the next week then i eventually started losing weight steadily, i did the shred for 49 days in a row, HTH
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    it's probably not fat. don't worry about it. Maybe you need another workout on top of the 30DS. I know I do or else it probably would not work
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    it's not muscle that fast especially with a calorie deficit.. but what it is, is that you may not be eating enough, you have to eat more to lose people!!!!!!! i really dont understand why people dont get this! also, your body is in SHOCK you're doing some extra hard workouts and your muscles are retaining every oz of water possible.. give it a bit.. or just dont weigh again until the 30days are up..
  • poesch77
    Options
    it's not muscle that fast especially with a calorie deficit.. but what it is, is that you may not be eating enough, you have to eat more to lose people!!!!!!! i really dont understand why people dont get this! also, your body is in SHOCK you're doing some extra hard workouts and your muscles are retaining every oz of water possible.. give it a bit.. or just dont weigh again until the 30days are up..

Oh believe me I eat enuf......I love food too much!
  • antoniaswift
    Options
    hi what is 30ds i dont know what everyone is talking about , but it sounds good lol
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I gained like 2 pounds the first week from muscle retention, then lost 2 lbs. the second week and im. Onto the third. Hoping for a few more pounds to shed off! Stick with it.