How often should I weigh myself?

Options
Should I weigh myself every week? Or every 2 weeks? What time of day do you suggest that I'd weigh myself?

Replies

• lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Weigh in once a week. Although it is impossible for me to not weigh myself every day!! :) Your weight will fluctuate throughout the week due to water intake, salt, etc so it is def best to do it once a week. Always weigh yourself first thing in the morn when you wake up after you use the bathroom. By the end of the day you may be a full 3-4 lbs heavier just bc you have food and liquid in you from the day.
  • LTFitness
    LTFitness Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily, but it became excessive. My weight fluctuated throughout the week and it stressed me out when I saw the numbers increasing instead of decreasing. Now I weigh myself once a week on Sundays first thing in the morning. Make sure you wear minimal clothing when weighing yourself or else your clothes could add unnecessary weight!
  • losing55
    losing55 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think that you should weigh yourself either once a week or every two weeks. I found that weighing myself everyday tended to be somewhat discouraging but because its a constant anxiety waiting for the numbers to decrease. Because after you diet a day, and workout, its not like your going to get on the scale and be five pounds lighter. So, my method, to set a weekly goal, diet, excercise, and weigh myself at the end of every week. This way, you are excited and looking for to seeing how much weight you have lost!. Also weigh yourself in the morning, this is the time you tend to be lighter.
  • pixxistiks
    pixxistiks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the most. I've broken more scales throwing them across the room when a pound of water weight came out of nowhere. Your best measure will be you; your jeans getting looser, your face slimming, not needing to turn your head 19000 different ways to get the angle of the picture that doesn't make you feel gross :sick: (we've all done it, and you know it). Weighing in constantly is frustrating and bad for self-esteem. :explode: