kettlebell exercises

supermum123
supermum123 Posts: 34
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
does anyone know how calories you burn doing kettlebell exercises?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Its going to be different for everyone. I suggest investing in a heart rate monitor with chest strap.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    A lot of sites say the "average" is 20 calories a minute. But it really does fluctuate from person to person. I agree it's best to invest in a Heart Rate Monitor.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    20 calories a minute is wayyyy higher than what I got...I bought the videos (Kettle Worx with Ryan Shanahan) and did a full 20 minute session with my chest strap heart rate monitor on and I burned 130 calories. It was an intense workout though!

I'm pretty small (5'2", 117 lbs) so I don't burn as many calories as someone bigger than me would, but 20 calories a minute is 400 calories in 20 minutes...there's no way I would ever get that reading on my HRM. I would buy an HRM with chest strap just to be sure.
  • 20 calories a minute is wayyyy higher than what I got...I bought the videos (Kettle Worx with Ryan Shanahan) and did a full 20 minute session with my chest strap heart rate monitor on and I burned 130 calories. It was an intense workout though!

I'm pretty small (5'2", 117 lbs) so I don't burn as many calories as someone bigger than me would, but 20 calories a minute is 400 calories in 20 minutes...there's no way I would ever get that reading on my HRM. I would buy an HRM with chest strap just to be sure.

What brand HRM are you using? I did Leslie Sansone walking workout last night for 30 minutes and my HRM said I burned 232 cals. I know that kettlebell workouts are so much harder than the Leslie Sansone videos. I am 5'1 and 109 lbs.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    I'm using a ProForm HRM with a chest strap...
This discussion has been closed.