Bodybugg...is it good?

Options
SIMA80
SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
Hi all, I was wondering if anybody is using bodybugg or any other type of device to monitor calorie burn. I am so tired of guesstimating how many calories I burn and I do not like to trust the exercise equipment to tell me how many calories I burn, because their are so general and I do not just want to input my age and weight into some random website to tell me caloeries burn, since again, it is so general. I am looking into buying a bodybugg or any other type of device and i l would love to get some opinions. Thank you.

Replies

• sonicdescent
    Options
    With some of the reviews I've read, it may be cheaper to just get a good heart rate monitor to get just as good a result.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    With some of the reviews I've read, it may be cheaper to just get a good heart rate monitor to get just as good a result.

Yep. If you're looking for calories burned while working out, heart rate monitor is the way to go. If you want to see how many calories you burn in a full day, just doing normal daily activities, then the body bugg would work.
    Good luck!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Sorry...double post.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    I had a bodybugg (by Bodymedia) for about 3 months and I will tell you I didn't lose any more weight with it then I did without it. The only thing it really did for me was create a VISUAL reminder to make healthier food choices -with that said, I cannot speak for HRM's....I haven't had one but alot of people have suggested getting one once you get closer to your goal weight where losing becomes more difficult because you have less to lose. Hope this helps.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The bodymedia tracks calories when you sleep as well. The bodybugg doesn't. But if all you want to do is track calories when working out just look into getting a heart rate monitor with chest strap. Polar is the must popular brand I've seen mentioned.
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I ended up buying MIO strap free and took it back the following day since it would not even read my heart rate...I worked for 1.5 hours and the thing said that I burnt the whole total of 2 calories...I ended up exchanging it for Polor FT4....and it is seriously THE BEST thing ever!!!! I was hesitating to spend 100+ dollars on a HRM, but it was (at-least so far) the best spent money...and, I couldnt even feel the chest strap....like it wasnt even there!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Glad you found one that you are comfortable with. Much success to you.