Beach body, slim in 6.

Happyhappy352
Happyhappy352 Posts: 153
edited 3:56AM in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering if anyone here had the Slim in 6 DVD from the beach body.com. And if so I was going to start it July 1st and wanted to know if you would like to join me in the six week melt down?

Replies

• jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    I am in. i have slim in 6 but not motivated
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    i use slim in 6 and its a great program! i have a bad knee so i did the first level for 2 weeks rather than one but its very low impact and even with the first level i could literally watch the "sadlebags" melt right off! it works great! im currently using the first level with 4 lb ankle weights until im ready to move up and boy howdy im feelin it!:happy:
  • I am in! I have had slim in 6 for a while, but no motivation to stay on it. I need a group doing it at the same time :) When do we start?!
  • I was thinking of starting Friday.
  • Sounds great to me! Friday morning it is :)
  • mannykaymo
    mannykaymo Posts: 6 Member
    I'd like to join in as well!
  • Awesome workout this morning!! Could feel the burn!! I logged it in under my elliptical training; it was easier cuz it was already in my favorites... I had my Hr. monitor on and burned a ton of calories!! Happy Friday everyone!!
  • Chelsilu
    Chelsilu Posts: 15 Member
    I am 3 days in to Slim in 6 and I already feel great. I had already done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred- but I didn't notice any results because I did it over... a sporadic 6 months. I didn't stick with it very hard. Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga is my morning routine, and it helps my muscles balance wonderfully! I really want to try the 2-day Fast Formula and try to drop 7 pounds over a weekend! Anyone else interested in ordering it and trying it out with me? OR better yet- have any of you tried it?

I'm so excited!
  • I tryed it a long time ago and it worked. I dont think i'm gonna beable to keep up with this workout. I was told a month ago to not do any abe workouts for 4 months and I was feeling great but now I'm hurting again.
  • Chelsilu
    I tried it a long time ago and it worked. I dont think i'm gonna beable to keep up with this workout. I was told a month ago to not do any abe workouts for 4 months and I was feeling great but now I'm hurting again.

OH PLEASE DON' T GIVE UP!

I know that ab routine is rough. I did it for the first time today and I couldn't handle it! If it's too much for ya, try some yoga. It really helps with mental clarity, breathing, balance, blood pressure, metabolism, strength, and it helps you stay limber! I'm not kidding you, the ab routine I learned on The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD was the biggest help in the world. It was not painful like crunches... as a matter of fact, there are NO crunches. It helped the core muscles of my my legs/arms/back/abs get strong so that the moves in Slim in 6 aren't as horrible seeming. I'd be really happy to hear that you buy that DVD and start using it to better your health. I got it from Amazon.com for 5.95 and the exercises are from 15-30 minutes long (each section). I burned only about 30 calories less in the 30 minutes than with the 30 minutes of Slim in 6... it's very effective for weightless, as well. It would be a great supplement. (AND EVERYONE ELSE- You should try it out, too!)

But like I said, don't give up! It's not worth it. You've got a goal to accomplish! :)
  • Chelsilu
    ALSO- This may motivate you guys ... I've been on a not-too-strict, simple fruit/ veggie/ yogurt/ lean meat diet for a while, well, I have been eating a little bit of junk food here and there lately... BUT- I have done Slim in 6 for 3 days... and I lost a pound. ONE POUND IN 3 DAYS.

that's a possibility of 5 lb in 2 weeks, or 10 lb in a month. We'll just have to see about that. ;)
  • That is encouraging! Congrats on the pound. I really need some motivation. My 10 month old is teething and not sleeping and I am so tired that the last thing I want to do is workout! I have had slim in 6 and really want to do the whole six weeks and not just quit after a few days!! Keep posting the weight loss and hopefully I will have some to report soon!
  • Chelsilu
    That is encouraging! Congrats on the pound. I really need some motivation.
    I'm about to go on a rant, since you want some motivation. ... :) YAY!

While I personally do not have the blessing of a 10 month old, I do have a sister with 3 kids, a 7 yr old, 2 yr old, and a 10 month old. She's been through it, haha. I know it's hard to want to be active and do the workout past the first level. I'm still on the first level, but I think I'm still as motivated as before, if not more. The best way to motivate yourself is by starting off eating healthy, it makes you focus on yourself, which is great when you're always focusing on the baby, right? Lol. My sister had lost a few pounds pretty quickly by making smoothies because it's so easy and it helps you get your magical weight loss fruit into your meals. She told me her recipe, and I started to use it, and that's what encouraged me to try to lose weight, since eating the smoothies alone helped me lose about a pound in a week and a half.

here it goes: Get some greek yogurt (opt in for the greek yogurt because it has more antioxidants and nutrients in general) or regular NONFAT yogurt. I like Publix brand non-fat or light, whatever it's called, and the no sugar added line is delicious too. Also get some frozen fruit (especially blueberries, cranberries, and pineapple - again, publix brand is cheap and they have a variety). Fresh fruit is okay, but you'll tend to want to eat them throughout the day and you'll run out of smoothie supplies faster... but since strawberries and watermelon is in season, you should snack on it! But the frozen fruit and yogurt with some ice is a nice blend for any meal. Add in some Bolthouse Farms carrot juice or cranberry juice, or even some protein or wheat grass powder.

Also, green tea (as unsweetened as you can handle) is great for speeding up a stubborn metabolism. They sell green tea extract, as well, if you'd rather take it in the pill form.

Whole grains are very important for our health, but they also supply supple nutrients that allow your body to focus on losing weight as opposed to trying to figure out what the enriched vitamins are supposed to be.

There's also a 5 day detox you can do, which was given to my sister by her dietician.

You eat the same thing every day, don't let anything pass your lips if it's not listed. Not even gum.

breakfast: 1/2 c whole grain oatmeal, 2 eggs, an orange (or warm water with 1/2 lemon wedge), skim/ light soy milk (make the oatmeal with the milk if you want)

snack: 20 almonds, OR 2 tbs all natural peanut butter (Skippy)

Lunch: 5 oz of chicken breast, 3/4 veggies (greens, cucumber, carrots, anything as raw as possible), skim milk ( plain non fat soy)

Snack: apple

Dinner: either 3/4 cup turkey OR 5oz chicken breast or 5oz beef with 3/4 cup veggies

snack: organic vanilla (or plain) yogurt with half cup of pineapple (pineapple is very important to end the day with, for some reason)

When you come off of the cleanse, you should be eating a lot of fruit and vegetables and whole grains for the following day before you start eating "normal" again... but after the cleanse you'll see that your body is trained at that point to eat healthier. it's like a strict guideline to help you stay within the guidelines after you're done. Again, it helps you focus on what is important.

So, anyway, sorry for all the blabber. I just hope this helps you get started! I can't wait to see that you've lost a pound! Let me know if you try out any of my advice...and if it works for you! If all else fails, maybe you'll have enough energy to get moving at least :)
This discussion has been closed.