Is it safe to not eat unless hungry?

Options
13»

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Your Basal Metabolic rate according to your current height and weight and age is 1124 calories per day. It represents the minimum amount of energy needed to keep your body functioning, including breathing and keeping your heart beating. Your Basal Metabolic Rate does not include the calories you burn from normal daily activities or exercise.

To put it another way, 1124 calories is the amount of calories you need to SURVIVE if you were to do absolutely nothing but sit on your butt all day. If you are only eating 600 calories every day you are eventually going to kill yourself.

I really feel that you probably have an eating disorder and you should seek help.

I agree, but a lot of people have been trying to steer her in the right direction and she comes up with a reason not to each time.

People only get help when they are ready to. She did make the first step in asking on here, but she needs to get serious about being healthy. If she TRULY wants help, she's at the right place. Anyone on here will be willing to try to support her. But it just doesn't seem like she's ready to do it the healthy way yet.

I hope she reads this and realizes what she's doing isn't healthy, and will eventually kill her.

P.S. To the OP - Trust me, you won't get a 6 pack without WANTING it and working very hard for it. If it was that easy, most people would have one ;)