Starting the diet thing again............... Need motivation

Options
newme1989
newme1989 Posts: 14 Member
Hi,

Im starting the whole diet thing again, i lost 6 stone a couple years ago and have now put 2 back on :( but just cant get the motivation, please help with advice, and motivation tip or stories.

Replies

• PA21
    PA21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi New you!
    Welcome! Make sure you add friends and go through the message boards as they are a great resource for motivation and advice. Also the diaries are the most important tool! Use them as much as possible and it will work! Feel free to add me and good luck :)
  • newme1989
    Options
    Hi PA21,

Thanks for your advice :) i think being on this site will do me good in the long run, last time i lost all my weight i did it after I split from my boyfriend so i had the motivation to just get up off my *kitten* and change myself with out any help, then i found a new love got to comfortable and just piled some back on, now im in a happy relationship i tend to start my diet every monday morning lol but I will defo give this ago and hopefully get back on track :) x
  • 2day2morrow4ever
    2day2morrow4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This place is great! I have to say that I haven't added many friends yet...but i read a lot of posts on the topic pages and comment on a lot too. Also the diaries really help show what we do and do not do right. It is all very measurable and you can actually see the results of your daily activities (eating and exercise) and see how you can turn yourself around to the positive healthy road. I have to be honest and say this is the first time that I have actually been addicted to wanting to lose weight and trully conciously eating healthier...all becasue of the eficiencey and positivity of this site. I confess...I really think that I am addicted to this site, too....becasue I get the level of feedback and support that I need to keep going...consistently...everyday.

All of these people are so positive and motivational (we are all on the same side here, with the same type of goal), in one way or another. If they don't motivate you with thier positive stories and weight loss, they motivate you to be positive and supportive to them...which in turn makes us feel better about ourselves becasue we become useful to them and needed, which also makes us want to be role models for them, too, therefore, causing us to work harder for ourselves...i call all of thoes things Win, Win situations.

Once again, Welcome!
  • newme1989
    Options
    Hey 2day2morrow4eve,

Thanks soooo much for your post, its very motivating hearing other peoples opinions :) x