Day One

Options
Hi there.....This is a copy of my day one blog.....but I feel it serves as a good intro as well....a few things the blog post does not say....I am 31 (almost 32) years old. My children are 11, 8 and 5. I will have been married for 14 years come July. We are a military family. Orginally from Texas. been in germany for 5 years with another year left on this tour.

Okay...so I'm feeling rambly tonight....bare with me....or bear? whatever.

I have known for a while that I needed to get my *kitten* in gear and stop being a lazy bum, but I had yet to find that defining motivation...until today.

I stepped on the scale.

the rat *kitten*!

I am currently sitting at 183.6 lbs.....that pains me to put in writing....contmeplating removing.....nope...own it....it's the truth.

Okay...owning....and moving on...well, not completely moving on....I'm horrified! but, this horror will be my driving force.

today is the day it changes....not the number...that will take time....doing right by me. today is the day the additude changes. I am going to change it.

I lost nearly 30 lbs in the past. Never quite reached my target weight....and then gained it all back plus some. bummer. That is just more motivation. I can be stronger than I was back then. I know I can be!

If you've read my profile...you'll notice that I state vanity to be my moving force. Not my whole reason for starting this journey...but the reason I have decided it's time to begin. I'm tired of being fat. nothing fits. and I'm embarrassed to even be seen in public most days. harsh? probably. so what? If it's what it takes to get my *kitten* moving, then so what?

I have a strong urge to delete 1/2 of this.....it's raw....it's revealing.....you know what? maybe that's what my life has been missing lately. the hard, honest truth. I've been in denial about my weight gain. and it stops. now.

so, this is me. raw. vain. crass. Day One.

Replies

• GrnIdDiva
    GrnIdDiva Posts: 3
    Options
    I may not be visible all the time, but I'm here with ya every step of the way! :heart: