how do i control my sugar intake

destiny150
destiny150 Posts: 48
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
I can'.t seem to control my sugar intake. I am told to eat fruit but most of them have lots of sugar. If I try to control one nutrient the other ones will be out. This posting thing is beginning to stress me out. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    i don't worry about the sugar in fruits and veggies... i don't eat a lot of candy... so i have been trying to just not worry about sugar.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    I stick with berries, melon, and apples. No tropical fruit at all, except for grapefruit, which I can't eat anyway because I'm on a statin for my cholesterol (something I hope to change in a few months).
  • twinkietigress
    twinkietigress Posts: 109 Member
    Hey there, I have been having the same kind of worries with my craving as well. In the afternoon I seam to come unglued with craving and wanna just eat and eat and eat. In the evenings I seem to do better. I am testing the theory as to whether its diet soda that has played a part in it for me. Around lunch time I usually have 2 or more so Im thinking? hmmm maybe not a coincidence? What does everyone think...

Sorry to piggy back on your topic, just thought the two might be related.

TT
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I can'.t seem to control my sugar intake. I am told to eat fruit but most of them have lots of sugar. If I try to control one nutrient the other ones will be out. This posting thing is beginning to stress me out. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I feel the same way about sugar. One can of low sodium V8 or one cup of skim milk and an apple and that's all sugar I'm supposed to have in one day?? I never used to think about sugar because I rarely eat desserts and don't drink soda. Finally I just decided not to pay any attention to it. I've been eating this way for years and have never had a problem with my glucose levels so I'm not going to stress about what this site says.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    I'd be more concerned with processed sugars that you'd find in breads, candy, pop etc. Fruits and Veggies offer so many healthy benefits, the good aspects usually far outweigh the sugar content.
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    I agree with Jennaseiler. Sugar from fruits and vegetables is still sugar, but it is a lot less of a danger than processed carbohydrates from sodas, candies, etc. Because your body has to breakdown the sugars from inside the fruit fiber they don't raise your blood sugar or insulin levels as rapidly or extremely. If you're still frustrated, try turning off the sugar on your diary display for a bit and just focus on minimizing the processed sugars!
  • destiny150
    destiny150 Posts: 48
    Thanks guys for all the good advice. I will certainly keep all of your suggestions in mind. The first thing I will do is turn off the sugar count cause when i am in the negative does not matter which kind of sugars I consumed, I get kind of frustrated. I love you guys very much on this site. Very helpful:heart:
This discussion has been closed.