Do these count as water??

Options
alwaysenl
alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
Hi, I was just wondering if you guys count zero calorie drinks in your daily water intake....things such as crystal light, life water zero, propel zero? You know the packets that you add to a bottle of water...I read somewhere they count as water but was curious to know what you guys are doing! I drink tons of water a day but usually one or two of these also per day.....thanks!!!

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, yes those count. However, if the drink contains caffeine it doesn't count.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I count em, but I only use them once or twice a day as well.

your body can still use the water in them, I know that much, but supposedly the artificial sweeteners and such in them arent that great for you.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    if it contains no caffeine or sodium, I count it. Just don't forget to count the 10 calories per glass of crystal light.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I count them as water. Just make sure you add the calories because some of the ones you add to bottled water have between 5 and 15 calories a piece. Watch the sodium content of them too.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Not in my book. I get cottonmouth from most crystal light products. Certainly not hydrating.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You can count them, but as much plain water as possible is the best. Artificial Sweeteners cause other issues, so it's best to stay away from them as much as possible.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wow..your progress looks great!
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    theres some great value (walmart brand) ones that are really good and they have "energy" ones. i like the pomegranite lemonade or the strawberry. theyre only 5calories per serving and yes, i count them as part of my daily water intake. after all, it is flavored WATER :):) all im drinking is water now and lets face it, sometimes u just need a little flavor.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering if you guys count zero calorie drinks in your daily water intake....things such as crystal light, life water zero, propel zero? You know the packets that you add to a bottle of water...I read somewhere they count as water but was curious to know what you guys are doing! I drink tons of water a day but usually one or two of these also per day.....thanks!!!

I would say yes :)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You need t add them under your food, but yes you can count the water you put in them. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pool, but I under some people like them.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wow..your progress looks great!

thanks!
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    If your looking for flavored water with NO sodium , NO calories and all that good stuff look into Sparkling Ice