Need low cal, low carb, low fat, high protein ideas

Options
I seem to be good on most of my numbers, except I am really low in Protein. Any suggestions on this? I don't want to give up food/calories to substitute a protein drink to get my protein up.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Any lean Meat, Beans, Peanut Butter, Nuts, Eggs ( Whites have all the protein with none of the fat) if you want protein and not a lot of calories. Hummus, Yogurt, Crab.................
    http://www.howmuchprotein.com/foods/ this is a site with a list of foods.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    low fat greek yoghurt id a good option. im a veggie so i eat lots of sprouting beans ...they dont taste of anything, but v low cals, zero fat and decent protein
  • Lily0013
    Lily0013 Posts: 28
    Options
    Fish, shell fish, soft shell fish
  • dvusk
    dvusk Posts: 21
    Options
    Beans.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Any kind of fish including tuna.
  • Spreadborough
    Options
    Fish, poultry, other lean meats.

Today I enjoyed a 5 oz cube steak, with one egg (partly used to brush on steak before lightly dusting with bread crumbs). With the steak, egg and crumbs, it came to 266 calories, 8 carb / 36 protein / 10 fat.

I know you said not interested in the protein shake, but it can be a pretty low cal, high protein part of intake. I am using Gold Standard Natural Chocolate mixed w/ 1 cup unsweetened almondmilk. Comes in at 165 calores, 6 carbs / 25 protein / 4 fat.

Plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt is pretty good (I prefer a little fruit or low sugar preserves mixed in).