Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Naturalist. I love my job!!!!
  • KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm an architectural designer. I used to love it, but NO ONE is building homes right now, not even the rich folks, so it has gotten BORING! :)

You can design the house my husband and I are hoping to build in the next couple years. =)
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Surgical Technologist
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Full time Mom, Full Time Wife, Part Time Referee, chauffeur, doctor, cook, maid, dog groomer, teacher, student (FT College student) Small business Owner (Web Design and computer repair) and so many other things I can't think of!

I feel blessed.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    legal assistant and lets just say its come in handy many a times!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm a information security administrator/auditor for a corporate coffee company! I'm only an intern though... not that I'm complaining, my benefits are fantastic
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    <
    Architect

(secretly wishing she worked as a game designer but shhhhh)
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Well, I worked for 16 years in advertising as a copywriter which I LOVED (fast paced, high stress though :) and then retired to work alongside my husband in a residential Christian rehab program with men struggling with addictions (loved that too!!). Now we own a retail fixture manufacturing company, a building company and a commercial contracting company...all of which keep me very busy!
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i'm a part time student, part time volunteer for a dog shelter, part time volunteer for an art gallery and a slave to my family for babysitting duties D:

oh i do look forward to the day where i can say 'no sorry, i have a proper job so i cannot babysit your devil children' but alas, money is needed.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    semi retired now...
    last job was as Training & Development Coordinator for an international market research company
    (hobby was buying and restoring old houses) *S*

in the past have also spent a few years as a graphic artist for a major oilsands company, then as Production manager at a weekly paper; and then as graphic artist moving on to advertising acct exec for a daily newspaper.

any one of which would have been a fine career.. and none of which i ever once foresaw myself doing. (except for the graphic artist part *L* that was the only one that was ever even close to what i thought i would do...but did not pay well :(.

all i ever wanted was a simple stress free 'job'.. no career... and i kept finding myself being moved into management rolls. *L* talk about stress!
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    registered nurse wanting to be a nurse practioner
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    Contract social worker - usually contracted for grant proposal writing, needs assessments and evaluation reports because I'm good at it and I enjoy it well enough. I prefer front-line work but the pay isn't as good. :)
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Vet nurse 4ever. I love my job.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The WORST profession for people like us(the health and fitness minded) I am a chef.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I worked at his fathers Manufacturing company (Bridgeline Ropes Ltd) for 17 yrs. He sold the biz a yr ago and we were the 1st to be laid off!
    So, we now own our own Solar Installation Company www.solarcentsltd.ca
    I also work (on call) for a local school either in the office or grades JK-Gr 8

I have 2 kids and a mini yorkie poo as well :D
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    Full time college student, part time waitress.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That sounds like so much fun!!!
    I am a 6th grade teacher. I absolutely LOVE my job! It is hard work, but I can't imagine doing anything else!!!
  • nnylee
    Options
    Vet nurse 4ever. I love my job.

AWW! You get to play with animals all day!!!! JEALOUS!!
  • nnylee
    Options
    HAHA! That is AWESOME. What kind of food do you make?!
    The WORST profession for people like us(the health and fitness minded) I am a chef.
  • nnylee
    Options
    Babysitting is hard. It's hard to care for kids that aren't your own. I applaud you for it!!
    i'm a part time student, part time volunteer for a dog shelter, part time volunteer for an art gallery and a slave to my family for babysitting duties D:

oh i do look forward to the day where i can say 'no sorry, i have a proper job so i cannot babysit your devil children' but alas, money is needed.