HELP! I have NO energy or motivation!

Options
2»

Replies

• cachef1
    cachef1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have had that problem. The motivation needs to come from within. I had to put myself first. That is even before care giving for my elderly Mom in my case. I realized that if I didn't, I could not provide the kind of support she needed. So putting yourself first is really not about being selfish. What you gain will extend to all those around you in whatever you do. Now that brings me down to the "doing" part. No I didn't have any energy or at least not what I once had and I didn't like it. Assuming you are eating right when you do eat in a healthy manner, it does take some time and your body has to adjust. Most of all I found I had to push myself. I started walking. It is easy and it is free. At first it was a pain to make it around our block, but I knew from experience that if I kept it up past the initial week for me, it would become easier. Within a month I as able to walk 5 miles in the morning and found I felt completely lacking if I didn't. At that point I joined a health club - that is in walking distance, no excuses not to go. Yes I was hesistant but once I got my feet wet, now I wouldn't miss that. It is not only good for me, but I find myself with others who are doing the same thing. My story won't exactly fit your needs but you get the jist of it. Realize that you are doing it for you and those whom you love. You are doing it to have more "life". And then realize that, particularly at first, you will have to make a conscious effort but it will become second nature.