Looking for friends

Options
Hi! I am looking for others who have approximately the same amount of weight to lose as I do to add as friends. Then we could make similar short term goals and have some one to report to with out having to start a new thread every time. I would love to have some one to achieve my goals with. It is so much more fun to share good/ bad news with others who are right along with you. More the merrier! I'm trying to lose 60 lbs by June 30. Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am looking for others who have approximately the same amount of weight to lose as I do to add as friends. Then we could make similar short term goals and have some one to report to with out having to start a new thread every time. I would love to have some one to achieve my goals with. It is so much more fun to share good/ bad news with others who are right along with you. More the merrier! I'm trying to lose 60 lbs by June 30. Anyone want to join me?
  • zarzoo
    zarzoo Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi there i would love join you, its always nice to lots of friends you can talk to?
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :smile: I need to lose at least 50 by June 28th- my son is getting married and as silly as it sounds, I want to wear a nice dress. Also turned 50-it feels like now or never in a way. June 30th is my birthday! So I'm a "little"older than you but it's probably all the same struggle,right?
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    my sons birthday is june 30th too...what a great day that is
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am here for you!! Support is the only way! Thanks for the invite
  • chepic
    chepic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm new too and ultimately need to lose about 55 lbs. For myself, it's not realistic to try to lose that much in six months, so my short-term goal is 30 lbs. by the first of July when my parents will celebrate their 60th anniversary. Count me in as a friend and partner in your weight loss efforts:smile:
  • stargirlie
    Options
    hi there, i have approx 60 lbs to lose too, good luck with your weight loss x :flowerforyou:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have just addd you as a friend so we can check on each others progress!!
    I have 50lbs to go and i would like this to be for my wedding anniversary on 10th June!!

You are right it is much easier with support and I find it interesting when others have similar goals to myself so we can help each other if one of us goes off track!!

Good Luck everyone!!
  • guidocat
    Options
    hi my name is beth, I'm looking for a friend to compare the same way with goals and kinda to help keep each other on track. so if your interested in being my friend and have the same ideas then let me know. Hope your having a happy new yrs. By the way i weigh 207 I have lost 60 lbs already before joining this group i needed some inspiration and help to keep going though my plateaus. I dont know if thats what you weigh or what your goals are but if so I'd be happy to buddy up.

good luck
    Beth
  • guidocat
    Options
    hey my son is getting married in feb. and My birthday is june 30th also I would like to have a buddy to kinda keep me motivated and me to help keep them motivated also. I ve already lost about 60 lbs
    on my own . I'm doing really good but i am getting frusterated due to the plateaus I hit. where i quite losing for a week or two. If interested in being my friend and helping each other along please cntact me.

Beth

Good Luck!
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    Absolutely...I'd love to join you and lose weight with you. I have about 50 more pounds to go before I reach my goal of 130. I have been working very, very hard on it the last month and I've been able to lose 14 pounds in one month. I've got a long way to go. My best friend is getting married in July, at a destination wedding, so it would be a great thing if I can look good at her wedding.
    Thanks for the invite!
    Shelly :happy:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has replied! It is great to have so much support! I think I've added everyone that has replied to me into my friends. If you haven't been added, I'll get to you. Or you can contact me. Either way is great!
  • lissaalee
    lissaalee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. I also want to lose about 60 pounds.
  • JeffriAnn
    Options
    Hi there...I have even more to go...90 lbs...count me as one of your friends...it will be a long journey, but we can make the best of it!
  • leahdan0523
    Options
    I would love to! I'm actually just 19 though (20 in May)... I weigh 190 and would like to be down to 145ish by my birthday!!!:smile:

~Leah
  • praire
    praire Posts: 73
    Options
    would love to join you its always great to have someone to compare notes with on what we are doing right and doing wrong so glad i found this site
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah,

I have a goal to lose 20 lbs. So we can chat about how we're doing. If your having troubles let me know. Do you have a short term goal that we can set together?

:happy: Felicia
  • xccoach07
    xccoach07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I would love to join!! I need to lose 45 pounds and I need the motivation sometimes!! I started running this morning and I have felt good all day!! Let chat and find ways to get our BUTTS in gear!!!:happy:
  • thummell
    Options
    Hi, I need to lose 48 pounds and I just joined today. Keep me posted on how you are doing and what is working for you.
  • webbysgirl
    Options
    I just found this site today. My goal is 50 lbs by July. I would love to help and would love the help. I see that there are a large group willing to help. When I reply will this message go to everyone or just you. By the way as you can see I do not know much about computer. :happy: