Zumba lovers

scotslover
scotslover Posts: 7 Member
edited 4:10AM in Success Stories
I'm aLOVER of Zumba. I would Zumba every day of there were classes to support it. I am at a loss as to why I cannot choose Zumba as a form of exercise here on MFP.

For you Zumba lovers, what kind of exercise do you choose??

Replies

• Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    I just added it myself here and used the calorie count that showed up at the YMCA on the Fitlinxx log in. Good luck!
  • alex063287
    alex063287 Posts: 61 Member
    I love Zumba as well! I could also do it everyday if possible! I got a Heart Rate Monitor watch which accurately tracks my calories. I think the best accurate exercise that is close to Zumba is aerobics high impact. I hope that helps!
  • Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    PS I've only been doing Zumba a short period - today was my 3rd class. Please tell me it gets easier!!! LOL
  • nitbre
    nitbre Posts: 6
    zumba is the best workout and i just mark it as dance modern dance when i log my excercises
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I love Zumba too!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    just add it yourself and use a HRM to record your calorie burn!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    I use my HRM to calculate the exact amount of calories I burn with Zumba. But, before I had one, I'd log it as high intensity aerobics.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    It really is best to get a HRM, but until then, this link may be helpful:

www.zumbacalories.com

good luck!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    I just got back from zumba, love it!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    I love it too!

Just got the DVDs. [:

I use my HRM, so I'm not sure about anybody else.

I'm 5'6", 185, and burnt 200 calories in 20 minutes.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Ditto...you can add it urself, as long as you know how many calories you burned. I LOOOOOOVE ZUMBA!!!!! :)
  • scotslover
    It DOES get easier!! The more you go, the more you learn, the more your body learns the moves. Before long you'll be attending 90 minute master classes in your area and LOVING it!!
  • scotslover
    Sounds like I need to get a calorie counting monitor!! Thanks ladies!!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    PS I've only been doing Zumba a short period - today was my 3rd class. Please tell me it gets easier!!! LOL

LOL!! Yes it gets easier in terms of knowing the moves, but you still will sweat your @$$ off! :blushing:
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Oh my goodness!! I am so envious of all of you who are able to DO zumba. I watched some of it on youtube and KNEW I couldn't hack that!! Even if I were IN the WAY BACK, I would probably knock ALL of you pretty ladies down like bowling pins with my lack of coordination. LOL It sounds like fun for you, though. Such great calorie burns, apparently.
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    omlg (o my lady gaga for those that didnt know) i was just about to post this exact topic as I am trying to add zumba too. That is so bizarre!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    I'm aLOVER of Zumba. I would Zumba every day of there were classes to support it. I am at a loss as to why I cannot choose Zumba as a form of exercise here on MFP.

For you Zumba lovers, what kind of exercise do you choose??

I broke down and bought a HR monitor as well and it helped in telling me actual or close to the calories burned during Zumba. It was a lot more then just putting dance, but I did notice it was closer to high impact aerobic. I love Zumba and do it often ( I bought the DVDS)!
    I also do the Jillian Michael DVDS, right now I am doing 30 Day Shred and Yoga Meltdown. I walk, hike, pilates, bike...etc I like to keep it varied so I do not get bored!
  • scotslover
    Thank you VERY much for this site! It makes calculating calories burned easy. Though I have to admit tht there is a bit of calculation when entering numbers on the site. IE: last night was my 90 minute Zumba nite. I could hardly put 90 minutes at high, med or even low impact. With warm-ups and cool-downs and different intensity routines/songs . . .I felt comfortable plugging 60 minutes med intensity. <shrug> We'll see how this new site works for me.
    Thank you, again!! ~~R
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    High Imact Aerobics works for me. I do want to get an HRM though....
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Good to know how many people are in love with Zumba. I just got the DVDs, but it will be awhile before I can really count them as working out. I am horribly clumsy and the moves are going to take forever for me to get right. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!