Not Using MyFitnessPal.com

Options
2»

Replies

• kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I took 3 years to lose my weight and kept it off for 3.5 years, with this bump of a 20lbs gain and I have journalled food for the entire time. I will always journal my food or I will be fat again.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging forever. It is easy for me to think I am ok if I don't log. Especially if I just have a bad day and decide that none of those calories counted. The act of logging it even if it is in a hand written journal reminds me of what my goal is. And at maintainance it is to put healthy nutritious food/energy into my body :) well it is now too but not to lose pounds at maintainance. If I am making any sense with those last two thoughts
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I tried to stop once I reached my goal and gained. There is something about logging foods in everyday that makes you stay on track. I will keep logging on just to maintain. I can't trust myself.
    If you meet your goal, stop for a month or so and see if you are able to do it for yourself. If not you can always come back.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I think I will continue to track. It doesn't take much time and I enjoy the blogs and the friends I have made on MFP. I'm not willing to give that part of sharing up yet if ever!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I had lost over 100lbs about 8 years ago and kept it off until gaining about 30 back in the past couple of years. It was a slow creep and I allowed it. And here I am...

My plan this time is to keep accountability. When I get to maintenance, I plan to continue to weigh weekly (lol daily is really my compulsion which I do hope to change) and log calories at least every other week to make sure i'm on track and not doing the slide my body has done historically.

This is a really good question!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yep - that's why I'm logging again!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think this is a tool I will have in my toolbox for the rest of my life. I hope to get to the point that I don't have to log in everyday. That being said, I need to keep myself in check. When my pants start to get tight or I see the scale up 10 pounds, I need to get right back on here and not let things get so out of hand that I need to lose 100 pounds again.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I think about that sometimes too. It's definitely going to be different for each person, for me I think I will need to track what I eat forever. I stopped keeping track for awhile and went way off base! I try to look at it like I can either track the food going into my body or end up having to track blood sugar/insulin later on if I don't. So if I have to pick one, I'll go for doing this :)