IS IT TOO MUCH?!?!

Options
I weight right now 200 pounds and I want to weight 130...I'm 5'1 and I'm 19 years old...I want to lose all the weight by October 13, 2009...Is that to much?!?!? Unhealthy?!?!? or just right?!?!?!

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    I weight right now 200 pounds and I want to weight 130...I'm 5'1 and I'm 19 years old...I want to lose all the weight by October 13, 2009...Is that to much?!?!? Unhealthy?!?!? or just right?!?!?!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I would check with a doctor. It sounds reasonable to me, but you're better off getting advice from a professional.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you should aim to lose about a pound a week, most doctors are ok with that. so it should take you about 70 weeks, give or take. October might be possible, but it may take a bit longer. Nothing wrong with having a goal though, as long as you are doing it the right way.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's too much. I think Tamtastic lost over 100 pounds in a year. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I think you should be okay. Since you have so much to lose you could start out with 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Then when you get to the last 20 to 30 pound you will want to switch to 1 pound a week.
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think you should be okay. Since you have so much to lose you could start out with 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Then when you get to the last 20 to 30 pound you will want to switch to 1 pound a week.
    I agree I would go 2 lbs per week until about 30 lbs left, then 1 lb per week, the last ten id go 1/2 lb per week. JMO based on what seemed to work for those who are here.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    a year to lose 70 pounds, I think is very doable....
    just watch calories and exericise....
    good luck
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 50 in 8 months (worked out to about 1.5 pounds a week) and it's just starting to slow down now. I'm 5 feet tall and started at about 190. So I think it's very doable, although the last 20 are the hardest. Remember to exercise, I think that ended up being the biggest factor for me.

Best of luck!