What is your approach?

Options
What is your approach to exercise? :

What have you done in regards to dieting that has really helped you loose weight? :

What exercise, and how long do you do it, that has shown great results in both toning and loosing weight? :

Especially those of you who have lost a great amount.... Please share your secrets! :

Replies

• figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What is your approach to exercise? :

What have you done in regards to dieting that has really helped you loose weight? :

What exercise, and how long do you do it, that has shown great results in both toning and loosing weight? :

Especially those of you who have lost a great amount.... Please share your secrets! :
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm very limited because of my knees! Bike riding is out of the question most of the time of the year due to weather...I love the pool in the summer and the elliptical machines in the winter!!!

I also do some weight lifting to help tone
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I dont exercise to lose weight. I do exercise, but I do it for fun and to tone my body (and to earn more calories to munch on). To lose weight I simply eat with a deficit of about 500 calories per day (1 lb per week). If you're looking to tone you have to look at the areas you'd like to tone and choose exercises that suit them. Jogging, weights, yoga are a few good examples. If fyou're just looking to have fun, try a sport like tennis. I once read that starting a new sport, particularly one you're not very good at, is a really good option because you will burn more calories if you are uncoordinated at something. Once you start to get good at it, switch to something else.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I try to stay within my calories as much as possible. I do give myself a break on special occations. I eat all my exercise calories. I work out a lot. I used to work out 45-60 minutes 5 days a week, but now I workout 70-90minutes 5-6 days a week. Most days I do a workout in the morning and then some exercise in the evening.
    With watching my calories and increasing my exercise, I can see a difference in my body. I have not lost a ton of weight (I have lost 5 pounds and have 5-10 pounds to go) but I feel different, my clothes fit different and I can tell my body is changing (more muscle, less fat).
    I fall off the wagon from time to time. Usually only for a day or so, but I just get back on track the next day. I also know that it may take a while to see results. It is a process, so be patient.
    Also, MFP is such a great help. The food journal and calorie counter have been a real eye-opener for me. The forums are great, there are so many people going through the same thing and everyone is so supportive.
    Good luck and stay with it. Remember you have to find what works for you.
    MK