Suggestions for newcomer

Options
Hi
I am a newbie here, and with working out. I am on walking three days a work, 30 minutes at a time. I have horrible knees,
and no excuses,but I am in pain often. I did have surgery on my left knee yrs ago, but am okay to walk. I am wondering if
anyone can suggest some new tennis shoes for a low impact work out, or beginner? Thank you guys, and please know
that you are all inspiring me to want to get the weight off. I love this site!

lulu

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 knee surgeries on my left knee... an ACL reconstruction and a meniscus repair. I wear Ryka shoes. Walking is one of the best cardio workouts you can do. Try pumping your arms or carrying light dumbbells to really rev up that heart rate. You can also try the elliptical. While I can run now, the elliptical is my standby low impact cardio routine.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There is no shoe that will suit everybody - the best thing to do would be go to a good sports store and ask for help to find the shoe that is right for your feet and knees and workout plan. Good shoes aren't cheap but they are worth every cent (actually I think they are pretty cheap in the US, SOOOOO much cheaper than in Australia!)