• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Great thread!!

I've only been on MFP for about a week and a half, but already I've had more support and motivation than I ever have before. I'm a forum-rat and love a good community of any kind... but MFP is the best at helping me keep my goals in mind and feel supported that I've found yet.

I am already so thankful for MFP and the forums!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Agreed.

However, there are certain people who are more helpful than others and your friendship is extremely valuable for many reasons to me. If I have any question regarding health/eating/weight loss you're the first person I think of. Your advice is invaluable, I could never begin to express how important that is to me. You've helped me so much. So, thank you!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being here!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    kumbaya-smiley.gif?1292867630

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lucky I'm not singing. The cats would start yowling. :frown:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd agree - this is a great community. I am always amazed at the positivity and the support that is out there.
    And I'm often amused at the sarcasm and extremism and grumpiness that happens sometimes. Just like a real life community!

And while we're giving compliments - thanks to you Ladyhawk, your posts were some of the first that really made sense to me when I started out and your level headed and calm responses are still a highlight on the forums for me.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    kumbaya-smiley.gif?1292867630

lol

I do agree with you, LadyHawk! =) When I struggled and was MIA for a couple of months, I kept thinking about my friends on here and how I was letting them down. One of the most upsetting things when I came back was the knowledge that one friend had been facing very similar struggles as me during the entire time, but because I was hiding from doing this, I missed out on supporting her and being supported by her. And another friend seems to have left completely, and that breaks my heart. These are people I haven't met, but because we share one of the hardest common struggles there is, we're bound in a way that is just inexpressible. But I get it. And thank you for expressing it so well.

Kumbayah! :laugh:

Really glad to have you back, Fungus! :tongue: (I still think that every time I see your id lol)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've used all the other "big name" calorie tracking sites, and while I DO think MFPs setup is the best, the community is definitely the most amazing part.