P90X VS Insanity which on would you do?

Options
P90X vs Insanity My pilates intsructor told me to check out insanity vs P90X I was really wanting to try the P90X. Can anyone tell me the differences and there thoughts.

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I always recommend doing Insanity first then P90X. Insanity is cardio intensive and it will burn the fat you have and then do a round of P90X to build up and tone the muscles.

Also, Insanity doesn't require any special equipment, just a good pair of shoes and a heart rate monitor.

I am currently doing a hybrid of the two.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kinds of workouts you prefer. If you like bodyweight resistance training and more cardio, then go for Insanity. If you prefer free weights and less cardio, go for P90X.

You can, and will, lose a great deal of fat eating at a calorie deficit on either program. I've lost 10 pounds in 1 month doing P90X...but a year later, I was able to say the same about Insanity.

Or you could do both together. I love hybrid programs. I like to do P90X weight DVDs on Mon, Wed, Fri and then Insanity cardio on Tues and Sat leaving Thurs as my yoga day.