Hi Everybody!!

twinkyj
twinkyj Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I joined this awesome site a few days ago and I love it! I am so excited about it, I tell everyone I know.
I find it a great motivator to eat right and exercise daily. I quit smoking a year ago and packed on some pounds. I really think it changed my whole metabolism, but I am on the right track now. I love how thus system really holds me accountable to stick to my goal. Have a great night! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• I joined this awesome site a few days ago and I love it! I am so excited about it, I tell everyone I know.
    I find it a great motivator to eat right and exercise daily. I quit smoking a year ago and packed on some pounds. I really think it changed my whole metabolism, but I am on the right track now. I love how thus system really holds me accountable to stick to my goal. Have a great night! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Welcome twinky!
    You've got every right to be excited, because MFP REALLY, REALLY works! You WILL lose the weight that you want to here, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. Drink lots of water too, it really helps!
  • nicurn_05
    nicurn_05 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this site also, I like it because it's free compared to WW. I was a member there for 3 months and I lost 10 pounds, but now it's slowly creeping back on, I still try to watch what I eay, but I'm not exercising like I should be. I'm hoping to get to my goal by the new year because I'm horrible at keeping new year resolutions!

I have to get used to the calorie counting rather than the points like WW, I think the calories will be easier because you can see that on pretty much any food. My question is when people post their own recipes, how do I know if that's like what I made? (or how would I post my own recipe so that I know how many calories it is??)

Also, how do you get your tickers and signatures on your posts?
  • nicurn_05
    nicurn_05 Posts: 11 Member
    I think I figured it out.. We'll see if it works with this post.:happy:
  • sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Hi Twinkey, It is so exciting , wonderful site....you can do this!! hey you stopped smoking .....congrats ont that one....i know it must not have been easy......you rock!! Hope to see ya around....iam just finding my way around aswell.....:smile: Linda
  • Thank you for all the encouragement. Ya'll ROCK! I know if I can quit smoking, I can do anything!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.