Those last five pounds

Options
I've been stuck for the past two weeks, granted I am stuck at my lowest weight I've been in two years, but I still have two more months of summer to go and I have about five more pounds to reach my goal. With that being said, those last five pounds just do not wanna come off. I'm always under my calories and I have a balanced diet, but I haven't really done any cardio except for some walking, and I work in retail so I'm always on my feet. Does any one have any tips for getting rid of those dreaded last five pounds?

Replies

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Also on my last 5... watching with interest
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Do you want to do more exercise? Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, etc) will knock those 5 pounds off and tone up the muscles.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Do you want to do more exercise? Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, etc) will knock those 5 pounds off and tone up the muscles.

Was going to suggest the same.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have 5 lbs to go..and just bought the 30 DS.....NOW to see if I can consistently do it!! LOL......good luck!!!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS at the beginning of the summer, maybe I will try it again to see if that helps
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Do some HIIT on a bike, elliptical, or just by jogging/running. That will really help especially since you do not do intense cardio. I have 30 DS and like it but Ripped in 30 was a bigger burn. I was at my last 10 lbs but have reassessed my goals because my inches are way down from the beginning but the scale numbers are going down. You can't always go by the scale.

On the other hand..YOU LOOK FANTASTIC:) So whatever you are doing...I'm impressed.

BTW...I would suggest 6 week 6 pack if you think your weight is hanging on your belly. That's where my weight likes to sit and this DVD has really been helping.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Maybe start lifting weight? I hope that those 5 pounds won't stop you from enjoying the summer. I also have 5 more pounds to lose (I think....not sure yet I will be able to tell you when I get there LOL) but I pretty much expect to lose 1 or 2 pounds a month. The last vanity pounds are always the hardest and the slowest.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Does any one have any tips for getting rid of those dreaded last five pounds?

Have you considered moving away from the idea of having a goal "weight" and towards the idea of having a goal "range."

Apart from the psychological victory in reaching a certain point, physiologically there won't be a huge reward for knocking those last 5lbs off, particularly in comparison to the effort it takes to get there. You might look a little better temporarily (if the weight you lose is water due to water manipulation techniques) or for a longer period (if that loss is mostly fat rather than muscle.)

Getting your body passed a place it doesn't really want to be can be done. It just rarely seems to justify the cost (unless you have a specific reason like an athlete making a weight class or BB prepping for a contest)
  • Sofitness
    Sofitness Posts: 54
    Options
    bump
  • ryry18
    ryry18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try incorporating weights into your routine maybe? I would say go for a run start out SLOW and work your way up in time and distance. I'm sure the last thing you want to do after working on your feet all day is run but running will get you results pretty fast and work your whole body. I agree with another idea one of the ladies mentioned which is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. She is brutal! Good luck and you look great!!