Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Another newbie

Hi All
My name is Jo and i have just joined MFP. I have about 44lbs to lose if not more if i can but i have the disadvantage of having an underactive thyroid and for some reason the weight has been getting higher and higher so i have to do something. I hate the fact the weight has gone to my stomach and im embarresed in all honesty that i am now having to buy even bigger clothes to fit me so here i am. Hopefully my meds will regulate soon and make it a little easier to shift the extra weight but im looking at the long term here so here i am. I need friends to help me if you can and give me ideas on what i should eat daily without feeling hungry.
Anyhow thanks for reading and listening.
Jo

Replies

• Bless ya x this is the ideal way to get all the support info and help ya may need hun,small steps help you make giant leaps!!Fell free to add me as a friend x
  • roscan
    roscan Posts: 2
    Hi Jo. I'm Ros. I'm new also and hoping to lose quite a bit of weight. I am going to need the support of as many people as I can get. Lets do it encouraging each other. Only way to go....
  • roscan
    roscan Posts: 2
    Hi Dawny. Would you mind if I added you as a friend as well. You sound like you would be a good supportive friend to have onboard. Thanks Ros :flowerforyou:
  • jhoblin
    jhoblin Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm Jen. I need to lose 15 more lbs. I've already lost 20lbs., but it took me about a year. I'm hoping to lose the rest soon. My 16 year old daughter introduced me to this site. I've used a site through Women's Health in the past. It seemed to be motivational. I just couldn't keep paying for it. I try to get to the gym 3-5 days a week and I just ended a yoga class that I attended 1x weekly for about 3 months. What a difference that made! Here's to a new us!

~Jen
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this site! Welcome and good luck!
  • rddeppy
    rddeppy Posts: 44
    Hi and welcome! I'm new too. Just joined yesterday. Heres hoping for success for both of us!