At home workouts....

Options
Hi! I am looking for suggestions for at home work outs. I take a class on Mon and Wed. A pretty intense class and am following the "diet" that goes with it. I am working out 6 days a week, but honestly am tired of the treadmill, walking outside etc. Any suggestions for workout dvds? There are days when I feel like I just can't face heading to the basement to walk AGAIN! I did try biggest loser for wii, but got very frustrated with that, b/c it seemed like most of the time it wasn't reading my movements, plus it was a little bit corny...ha ha ha.

Replies

• aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    Depending on how advanced you are i would suggest the following. I have completed these and they are my favorites of the ones i've tried.

-30 day shred by Jillian Micheals
    -Ten Minute Trainer by Tony Horton
    -Insanity by Shaun T

I've heard good things about all of JIllian's videos and you can get those at Walmart for around $10. Ten Minute Trainer and Insanity are both BeachBody products and much more expensive..but they work you hard. Good luck!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    What she said ^^^^!
    I am doing 30 day shred right now and I am seeing a huge difference in my body and I am only day 8!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Defo the Jillian Michaels's dvd'd. Im doing 6 week 6 pack and love it.x
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    99% OF THE TIME I WORKOUT AT HOME....JILLIAN 30 DAY SHRED, INSANITY (PRICEY BUT WORTH IT TO ME), WALK AWAY THE POUNDS (FUN FUN FUN, MY KIDS DO THIS WITH ME SOMETIMES) I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU TO CHANGE IT UP! :laugh:
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    If you have cable your on Demand shold have exercise videos to watch.
    For me I like to mix things up otherwise I get bored. I currently do 30 day shred every day (1 day break to rest). In addition, I add different workouts after Shred; yoga, pilates, hiking, biking, zumba, belly dancing, strength training (using bands right now, definitely differen then weights). Overall find things you enjoy or may enjoy and go out there and do it! :wink:
  • pvbcaroline
    Options
    30 day shred by Jillian Michaels is great! It's quick (20 minutes) while still getting enough strength, cardio, and ab moves in to make you sweat. I got mine for $10 at Best Buy!
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    Paul Katami's ASAP bootcamp
    Atletica (Illaria Montignario)
    Supreme 90
    Train Like a Contender - Kelley Coffey-Meyer
    Tae bo dvds by Billy Blanks
  • erylie
    erylie Posts: 34
    Options
    I've done 30 day shred by Jillian... I also love it.
    Now, though, I find that I love trying new workouts through comcast's OnDemand. You can try out programs and trainers, to find out what you really like. There are hundreds to chose from, and you can customize it to what you want to work out, and how long you have to do it in. It's under "sports and fitness" and then "exercise". I'm not sure if other providers have something similar, but, if you have comcast, it's awesome!! (and free)
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I LOVE kickboxing!! Turbo Jam/Fire...also Jillian has a dvd that is mostly kickboxing. Also love my k-bell!!!! GREAT at home way to burn MAJOR cals.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Check out the TRX series of videos & equipment.

This is a system on training that was created by the US Navy Seals to keep fit while on Submarines.

I have not tried myself but I have friends who have tried, lost weight, improved fitness and enjoyed.

Good luck!
  • Ver0n1ca
    Ver0n1ca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can also try youtube. There are many at home, 30 minute circuits that don't require any equipment. Search tabata, Jamie Eason, HIIT, and at home workout circuit.
  • deenice99
    deenice99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have also trieday the 30 day shred by Gillian Michaels and its fab and you can see results quick if you keep at it... Also try some zumba dvds to mix it up a bit.
    Good luck
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good yoga at-home DVD workout suggestions? I absolutely love my yoga class at the gym but it's only offered one day a week (well, when I can make it with my schedule anyway.) I have Netflix and keep trying different options offered through that, but haven't found any yoga-based workouts I'm crazy about...
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Definately Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shread!!! There are 3 different workouts, all only 20 minutes long, but SERIOUS. Very effective. Very easy, you don't have to be super coordinated, no fancy dance/aerobic moves, just hard core cardio, strength, & ab circuit training. And you don't get bored. I also have a Jillian Micheals Yoga DVD. I use this on my lazier days when I don't really feel like working out. Don't get me wrong, its not easy, its just a more relaxing workout compared to 30 Day Shread. You will definately feel the burn & it's easy to talk myself into yoga on those days i don't feel like doing much. Atleast I can't feel guilty for not exercising, and I found out yoga is actually enjoyable.
  • siobherz
    siobherz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i like this bootcamp excercise - i've been working hard for a few months so i went straight to advanced and haven't tried beginners yet but i was really impressed with this

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/bootcamp-body-makeover-beginner-6079

plus it's free :p also youtube can be good for excercise vids and routines and tutorials on certain exercise moves. there's loads to do at home
  • melindalamb
    Options
    I do mini workouts at home in the morning. I take my classes in the evening at the gym.

Mon, Wed, Fri - Pushups, Leg lifts, and Planks
    Tues, Thurs - Weights, Knee lifts, Air Bicycles, and Jump Rope