Defined/toned Stomachs

Options
For those of you who have abs or toned stomachs, what would you say worked for you to get it. Mainly excerise wise. Also did you work on your stomach when you had a bigger stomach or did you wait til you lost the weight?

Replies

• kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I would like this answer in my life :-)
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Cardio, and lots of it. I like Insanity because he is constantly telling you to engage your core.
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    biig bump (hence why I need to know this)
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trevntysmommy
    Options
    Did you get an answer to this? Because I would like to know also. I don't understand what the "bump" replys mean.~Michelle
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Start now. Try to suck it in while working. If you're not sore the next day, do it again. You'll build the muscle. You'll still need to lose the flab on time. Do lot's of cardio to lose this flab.

Note: You cannot spot reduce.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    90% of defined abs is in the kichen. Very very clean diet. Your body fat percentage must be really low for your abs to show. Try plank, side plank, leg lifts while in a c position, leg kicks... there's loads. but as I said, it wont show until you get the fat off.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I worked on it the whole and still do. For me it was the last and hardet thing to achieve. Took a long time but I got there.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion. (cause I don't know nothing :smile: )

Cardio work for overall fat burn (can't 'target' specific fat areas)

and

Toning of areas of desire (note: I said toning!)

Abs:

Planks
    Crunches
    Isometrics
    sit-ups
    Leg raises

Google Ab toning you'll find lots of stuff.

If you have (most do) a fat layer you may think that your Ab work isn't paying off but it is, the muscle underneath is toning but you may be having a hard time seeing it.
  • egreene718
    egreene718 Posts: 32
    Options
    So many bump replies but not too many answers.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Did you get an answer to this? Because I would like to know also. I don't understand what the "bump" replys mean.~Michelle

People do it so the thread gets listed in "My Topics" and it brings the topic to the top of the list. Reminder, typing anything into the topic will bring it to the top. Doesn't actually mean anything significant.
  • genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Options
    Bump
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Bump means they are adding a post to it so it shows up in "my Topics".

As far as stomachs goes - my abs are not showing unless I flex, but I DO have a totally flat stomach. I did a LOT of cardio to lose the initial amounts, then I did HIIT training and lots of FULL BODY weight exercises like Squats, BB Rows, and Push presses to build total body muscle.

You CANNOT "SPOT LOSE" FAT. Most men will lose the fat on their stomachs last. Most women have somewhere in the stomach or thighs go last. You have to lose it everywhere else first.

Keep in mind - Your abs will not show, not matter how many ab workouts you do, until you lose the layer of fat hiding the muscles. There literally is NO other way to get visible abs (short of painting them on....)
    90% of defined abs is in the kichen. Very very clean diet. Your body fat percentage must be really low for your abs to show. Try plank, side plank, leg lifts while in a c position, leg kicks... there's loads. but as I said, it wont show until you get the fat off.

And when she says this, I was assuming you all already knew that part. My Bad. Watch your intake like a hawk... that DOES NOT MEAN CUTTING ADDITIONAL CALORIES. That means making healthier choices about WHAT you eat.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    its a combination of strength, cardio and eating properly, abs are made in the kitchen as they say! you cant just do the excercise and expect to get results if your not eating the right things. Im veggie and eat lots of fresh vegetables and salads, i have done 30 day shred, which helped woth the bulk of it, now moving onto 6 week 6 pack. You should do as much cardio as you possibly can to burn the fat, with whatever other ab workouts your doing no point having the muscle if its covered by layers of fat! hope this helps xx good luck
  • sdaltonking
    Options
    My firm belief is that great abs start in the kitchen; it's not about the exercises you do, necessarily, but how you eat. I wish it were the opposite :)