Protein Shakes...

Options
Can anyone recommend a good protein shake? Whats the differences/benefits to whey or soy proteing??

The only thing I have to be careful of is that I have some sensitivities to lactose.

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good protein shake? Whats the differences/benefits to whey or soy proteing??

The only thing I have to be careful of is that I have some sensitivities to lactose.

Im not sure if there is any benefits to soy vs whey, however, If there is a history of breast cancer in your family, stay far away from soy. It increases your risk.

I drink BSN Syntha 6 protein. Tastes great!
  • cowboybrown
    Options
    I love the regular whey proten drinks vanilla and strawberry, I drink mine with milk, but it is also good just with water.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i use body fortress , started that one becuase they have a chocolate peanut butter flavor , mix it or the chocolate with almond milk,
    total yum , and totally takes care of any chocolate yummy cravings
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have a whey protein shake at home that I take with milk. It's not half bad either. I kinda like it.
  • ucherish423
    Options
    I use the Cysport Muscle Milk the Vanilla taste so that I can put fruit in it. I make it with water in a blender. It is one of the best one's out there. GNC currently has it on sale. It has 32 grams of protein in each scoop and I use two scoops. Also you can put it in oatmea.l and you need no sweetner.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard.

Soy and Whey are both great sources of protein but it has been linked in studies to drop testosterone levels and increase estrogen levels slightly but since you're a female, I wouldn't worry about that. (Unless of course you're trying to pack on muscle)

Get which ever you like the taste of more!
  • pojinx
    pojinx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I drink Jillian Michael's chocolate whey because it is only 100 calories for a scoop. I drink it with water because I have a hard time with lactose as well. It was $10 I think on Amazon
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love the EAS Advantedge Carb Control shakes in Chocolate. Have them everyday after my workout - 17g protein, 4 carbs, 110 cals
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i love spirutein...it comes in a million flavors and they are all amazing and its usually like 90ish cals a scoop its tri protein too.

also it gives you almost the daily dose of a whole lot of vitamins too.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I love the EAS Advantedge Carb Control shakes in Chocolate. Have them everyday after my workout - 17g protein, 4 carbs, 110 cals

love these to but they can get a little pricey when you drink them all the time, which is why is switched to tho body fortress.