Coming Back - it's been way too long!

Options
Hi. I'm Christine and I've not been on here since September of last year. I'd started trying to walk everyday, shred, eat better and basically get my mind and body mentally ready for a new job. I had to stop the power walking due to an injury and the job started and took over my life.

Now I'm back. I am tired of feeling tired and defeated. When I take the time to feed myself healthy foods and exercise physically, I am a very positive, happy person. When I don't do these things, I don't really care for me very much. I tend to let people down - on an emotional level. I am very good at my job and productive with deadlines and such as long as they are accountable by someone else!

Knowing this, I think I might try to set myself some serious goals and treat this like another job. My fear is that 'lifestyle changes' are not supposed to feel like work! Oh, well. I'm going to give this a go so I'm off to pour myself a bowl of Cascadia Farms granola and strawberries before it becomes too late to eat breakfast!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions.
  • vcornett
    vcornett Posts: 1
    Options
    You can do this....just prioritize your health like a job. Have faith in yourself & you'll make it! Best of luck!!!
  • ChristineLeary
    Options
    Got it! Watching portions! I had a physical recently and my iron's low, I have to take vitamin D daily - I bought it 2 weeks ago and haven't opened it yet, and Doc. says I need more protein in my diet.