Who is doing MFP as designed?

Options
2»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I use it exactly as is----I eat all my exercise calories--within 50 calories of my goal is what I aim for and I also change my "how many pounds I'd like to lose a week" every time I drop 20-25 pounds. I've lost 73 so far and the scale is still moving :)

fantastic! Great job!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I use it exactly as is----I eat all my exercise calories--within 50 calories of my goal is what I aim for and I also change my "how many pounds I'd like to lose a week" every time I drop 20-25 pounds. I've lost 73 so far and the scale is still moving :)

fantastic! Great job!

The posts you've made in the forum helped me to decide to to change my weight loss goals every 20 pounds and eat more of my exercise calories (I was eating only up to 200-300 of my goal when I first started) so THANK YOU!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Great insights! Thanks everyone! :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I go as is. I aim for more protien, and less sugar. But in the almost two years of using it have yet to actually change the goal of either. When I follow the plan as designed I am successful. If I don't I maintain or gain.
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    I logged for a week here just to try it out but even using both the phone and web app it is too much trouble. I tried out the logging function mostly out of curiosity and not for any real need to get dietary guidance.

From now on I'll just update my weight and body fat reports and my forum signature as a way to track progress.
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I try to follow the daily recommended... some times I do not eat ALL of my exercise calories, only because I am not 100% that the numbers are correct and I do NOT like the idea of eating an extra 800 calories if it may be wrong (HRM should be here any moment and then that may change ;) ) I try to NOT go over on Fat and Carbs. For protein, it usually only goes over if I have had had some steak or chicken and why should I worry about healthy meat if I do not eat it every day. I hate going over on fat, but I look to see what kind of fats have I had that day. If it was from an avocado, milk or nuts, I try to not freak out too much! :)

I am happy to be able to eat a hamburger and not feel guilty about it these days!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I just lowered the carbs a bit, and increased protein. I use the rest as it is, and eat my exercise calories back.

I've been here for a month, and I'm losing slowly but steadily!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it as designed...if it tells me 1320 calories to lose 1.5lbs/week, then I will. I also use the exercises in the data base instead of the machines or my HRM...I've lost weight, can't tell you how much because I haven't weighed myself in a long time lol