Tony Horton's "10 Minute Trainer"

Options
OK I just saw a commercial for this and it really looks like it "could work" but... does it?

Has anyone out there tried this DVD set? What were your results? I can't afford to pay $80.00 for something that is just not worth it. PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINION!! I haven't been a part of MFP for long but I greatly value the opinions of the people who are a part of this group, I've been reading all the new postings every day for the last 10 days or so and I can see that there is a wealth of knowledge to be found here.

Replies

• tookieb
    tookieb Posts: 89
    Options
    OK I just saw a commercial for this and it really looks like it "could work" but... does it?

Has anyone out there tried this DVD set? What were your results? I can't afford to pay $80.00 for something that is just not worth it. PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINION!! I haven't been a part of MFP for long but I greatly value the opinions of the people who are a part of this group, I've been reading all the new postings every day for the last 10 days or so and I can see that there is a wealth of knowledge to be found here.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am jeannie.

I just wanted to say....a DVD cant WORK....YOU have to work the DVD!! lol

I have 10 videos sitting on my counter. Slim in 6, Beach Body's power 90, richard simmons sweatin to the oldies, ab ripper 200, 10 minute trainer, dance the belly away.....None of them work....why?

Cuz I dont pop em in!:grumble:

Seriously though, I have heard awesome things about Tony Hortons videos. Did you check out craigslist and ebay. you can pick up videos for 1/2 the price.

The one thing I can say is when you get the videos dont be discouraged. It is hard work, do what you can and be amazed at what you achieve.

Write down each day what you did. Like say, they tell you to do 500000 push ups, but you do 2. Write that down, cuz when you are at 30+ you will look back and say....wow I have come a long way.

I got discouraged and stopped....you have now motivated me to pop those babies in each day. I will do what I can....and see what happens. :glasses:

Good luck!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Arewethereyet...Get your butt over to those DVDs and pop one in now!!! I am your bootcamp instructor today, and the plan is to motivate you!!! There are not many programs as efficient as the Beachbody series, and you know they work! You said so yourself.

So...so....get going!!!! :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    erin....i am going to the beach right this minute.........but i PROMISE you by days end I will have opened the wrapper and put the tape in. Can you imagine...I bought them 5 yrs ago and never opened the pkg.

I promise I will ( i always keep promises and it will kill me if i dont do it now!) thanks for the motivation!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but a little part hates you right now. But only because you get to go to the beach. And I am here in 50 degree weather, anticipating getting dressed into shorts and a tank top to exercise. And I really really really wish I was there at the beach!!!!!!! :sad:

But good for you! I will watch for your report later.

Did I mention I was jealous you were going to the beach??? :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And I love the woods, hills, mountains, valleys, beaches and did I mention woods of Maine. I love New England. My BFF is in MA and I go there twice a year. This summer I so enjoyed August with the windows wide open, listening to the cicadas and the air was 50 degrees.........While here at home another hurricane was brewing. LOL.

Ok...so Videos are good.
  • xtraquispe
    xtraquispe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have 10 min trainer and it DOES work! It's all about what you put into to it to get what you want out of it! Beachbody has alot of videos to choose from, and they all REALLY work if you do the program! You can check out more on it by going to www.beachbodycoach.com/xtraquispe

If you have any questions, I'd love to help!

Chela
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Program will work if you do them. All Beachbody programs are fully designed for success... they come with workout calendars, diet guides, etc... and you WILL succeed if you do them as they are supposed to be done.