Citrus-licious Egg White Salad

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
eggsalad.jpg

PER SERVING (half of recipe, about 1 cup): 90 calories, 1g fat, 556mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

If a beautiful spring day could turn itself into egg salad, it would taste like this! Refreshing... light... YUM!!!

Ingredients:
6 large hard-boiled egg whites, chopped (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
3 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
1 tsp. creamy Dijon mustard
1 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Place onions in a small microwave-safe bowl with 1 tbsp. of water. Cover and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, drain water and allow to cool completely.

In a separate dish, stir together the mayo, mustard, lime juice, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Once the onions have cooled, combine them with the chopped egg whites, red pepper and celery. Then add the mayo mixture, and stir until thoroughly mixed. Now devour...

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    eggsalad.jpg

PER SERVING (half of recipe, about 1 cup): 90 calories, 1g fat, 556mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

If a beautiful spring day could turn itself into egg salad, it would taste like this! Refreshing... light... YUM!!!

Ingredients:
    6 large hard-boiled egg whites, chopped (about 2 cups)
    1/4 cup finely chopped celery
    1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
    1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
    3 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
    1 tsp. creamy Dijon mustard
    1 tsp. lime juice
    1/2 tsp. lemon juice
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper

Directions:
    Place onions in a small microwave-safe bowl with 1 tbsp. of water. Cover and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, drain water and allow to cool completely.

In a separate dish, stir together the mayo, mustard, lime juice, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Once the onions have cooled, combine them with the chopped egg whites, red pepper and celery. Then add the mayo mixture, and stir until thoroughly mixed. Now devour...

MAKES 2 SERVINGS