Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Member - Breast Feeding Mom wants to loose weight

Hello All,

I joined fitness pal last night. I am not planning to reduce my diet substantially because I am still breast feeding, but would like to start the fitness regime to get started and feel comfortable. My baby is seven months old right now and I am planning to breast feed till he is 15 months old.

Any encouragement or tips for breast feeding moms to stay fit will be appreciated.

Thanks!
anjitajain

Replies

• McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    I am breastfeeding. My daughter is 5weeks old, but I breastfed my last child for 13 months.

I am starting P90x on Friday, I'm excited. I have been watching my caloric intake, and I do eat about an extra 300-500 a day just for brestfeeding AND eat my excercise calories as well. It's hard, but once I start P90x I know I'll have quite a few calories I need to make up for. buh

lol

~Amber
  • Dskwon
    Dskwon Posts: 17
    She wants to loose weight? I don't know anything about loosing weight... :(

Good luck though!
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Hi there! I also am nursing a seven month old. I plan on doing so until he is a year. This is my third (and last) baby hehe. If you want to friend me feel free!
  • What is P90x?
    I plan to not reduce my calorie intake as well.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Hi, I am also breastfeeding my second baby who is 7 months old - I breasfed my first until he weaned himself at 14 months. I am currently doing Insanity program, but I started at 6 weeks with walking and worked my way up slowly. Definitely increase your calories as you get more active so that your milk supply is good throughout.. Send me a friend request if you'd like a bit more motivation & encouragement along the way:flowerforyou:
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    What is P90x?
    I plan to not reduce my calorie intake as well.

It is a workout program that comes on 12 DVDs that you use at home. It's INTENSE and I'm probably going to die.. but hey.. at least I tried right? lol