HELP! curry....

Options
stephm112
stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
I have a girls night on Saturday and we're ordering a curry. I have no idea what to get as curry is full of fat and I'm trying to not eat anything with more than 5g of fat per 100g (other than meat). i know this is impossible when ordering a curry but i want to have the least possible fat. i wont be having rice or nan with it so what shall i get thats not gonna completely destroy the diet, but still be yummy. obviously its a special occasion so im gonna treat myself, but i dont wanna go over the top. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Well curry in itself is not bad...its when it is made with cream. So stay away from chicken tikka masala...the curry has cream..and of course butter chicken. You can have plain chicken curry..it just has tomatoes..nothing really much outside of the spices which are really good for you.

As far as appetizers..stay away from samosas..and the pakoras and bhajias...eat tandoori chicken and chicken tikka..both are marinated in yogurt and spices..again..which are good for you.

You can pretty much have any of the veggie dishes and dhal..just make sure to ask if they are made with cream.

Good luck...oh and if you want a recipe of chicken curry that you want to make at home...ping me..I have an awesome recipe...I am actually Indian..but raised in the states..curry is my comfort food.

Good luck

Marlene
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Tandoori chicken will be fine.

It's not in any kind fo sauce.

Most Indian Restaurants will serve it...

Or a chicken tikka (minus the Masala sauce!)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    saag or paneer is just spinach based, it's my favorite and as long as it doesn't have the cheese there's only the fat that's in whatever protien you put it with.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    thanks all :)
    Think I'm going to go for tandoori chicken as it has no sauce and is just grilled in spices and yog. omg roll on Saturday, can't wait for my curry. It's been a while lol