Insanity burn question

Options
I just started up Insanity but I do not have a HRM to record how much I burn. Nor can I really afford one right now (broke college student trying to make rent). What would you record insanity under or what do you think is an average burn for it? I'd say that I do go at a medium pace.

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Lots of factors to consider! However in my case 63 inches and 154 pounds I burn under 400 calories per month 1 dvds and yesterday I burned 530ish calories for the month 2 dvds!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest either "Circuit Training" or "Aerobics, High Impact"... that's what I'd do if I didn't have my HRM. Good luck with Insanity! I love, love, love it!! :)
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Before I got my HRM I used circuit training general. It seems to have been pretty close (within 50-70 calories) to what my HRM says I am getting now.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was doing mine under circuit training or high impact aerobics before I got my HRM. I am 5'4", 130lbs in decent shape and I burn about 295 calories per 40min (month 1) work out. It depends a lot on you.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    as far as HRM, look at Wlamrt, they have dependable, cheap ones for $30. they dont come with a chest strap but my mom has one and she says it is very accurate compared to her Polar.
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4 week of Insanity. Look under cardiovascular and there is a kickboxing one and there's also one for tae Bo. I've done Tae Bo and this is most similar in intensity to Insanity.