Hell Yeah Fat Lady!

Options
‎500lb, or so, woman at the pool yesterday when I was swimming laps. It took her the entire 30 minutes I was in the lane to walk across the pool at neck deep water. When I was first starting to get going I did 10 minutes in my slippers in my bedroom on a piece of equipment and that was all I could do.

Know what I thought watching that lady that looked more like she was loitering than exercising? HELL YEAH! Last time I huffed and puffed across the pool fat the lifeguard snickered at me. It was humiliating.

Remember, there will always be 3 other people thinking HELL YEAH you go lady, I should be doing that! If all you can do is 5 minutes, then HELL YEAH to you too! It doesn't take "insanity" "really ripped abbs" video's. It just takes you getting your body moving and eating better. One step at a time, but always at least 2 steps forward for every one backward.

Replies

• SiobhanF2773
    Options
    HERE HERE!!!!
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Very well said!!
  • Shawna_831
    Shawna_831 Posts: 316
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Excellent post :D

When I started running at 240lbs I was so sure that everyone I passed was laughing at me. Took me a few weeks to get it through to myself that AT LEAST I'M DOING IT!
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Love it, thanks for sharing...you are so right, and good for you on your loss that is awesome!!!!!!!

So HELL YEAH TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amen sister! :happy:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Since I've started MFP, I'm really seeing people differently. Large people who are out walking in the evening; people in mid-range like me out trying to jog... I haven't run outside more than once, and got smiles from neighbors at the campground when I did it, but I would be humiliated if anyone said anything mean too, so way to go for thinking the right things, instead of being negative. :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This cracked me up! You go Fat Lady!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    Good for her! Great post!
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    *fistpumps*

I love how our community isn't ashamed to sing the praises for the accomplishments of strangers. Truly inspiring. Thank you for this little burst of joy :-)
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    *LIKE* :drinker:
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    when i used to go to the gym and saw someone REALLY big going at it - even if they were just leisurely walking on the treadmill - I ALWAYS thought "good for them". At least they're trying. People who think otherwise are morons.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thank you.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I love this! I think the same thing when I see extremely overweight people out doing their best. I want to cheer them on, but don't want them to think I'm being sarcastic or something. So I say "Hell Yeah!" in my head, smile as we pass, and hope they keep up the good work. :)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    here's my Hell Yeah! When I started I could only do ten minutes of walking. It all starts with that first step!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Love this post! When I started I was the old 248 pound fat guy who was at the gym. Now I am the 182 pound (and still losing) cool guy who can out do nearly everyone there. In addition I have gotten so many compliments regarding my new look which inspires me to do even more.

So Hell Yeah, here's to the Fat People who want to make the change!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!! :bigsmile: