20 lbs. in 6 weeks - can it be done??

Options
Hi everybody,
I need a little help ... I would like to lose 20 pounds by August 13th for my wedding. That gives me 45 days or 6 1/2 weeks. I would like your advice if you think this is achievable without starving myself which I would never even consider. I should mention that I'm not overweight (5'6 141 lbs.) so I know that it's going to be very hard if it's even possible. I'd love some advice on whether it can be done or not. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Yes you could but 20 lbs is a lot for your height dont you think? if i were you i would pick up some weights to build some nice definition on you arms in your wedding dress. dont worry about lbs think about inches right now.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    do not dwell on the WEIGHT loss, dwell on the INCHES lost! Shoot for a drop in body fat. A 5 percent drop in body fat may equate to a 20 pound loss and 2 or 3 dress sizes! I have a client who has dropped from 28 per body fat to 21 and still weighs the same. Why? muscle fibres weigh more. Too much time is spent here on POUNDS lost. Use your mirror, not the scales
    and congrats and GOOD LUCK!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    So you want to be 121 at 5'6"? That is crazy to do in six weeks. If you had a lot to lose, twenty maybe. But not when you are already in a healthy range for your height.

You will look skeletal at that weight. Or at least those at that height and weight I have seen do not look healthy.

I am also 5'6". If I go below 130, I start to look terrible.